WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Ch. 222 - Since I'm Not Popular, It's a Live Concert (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
He grabbed Yoshida's boobs - I think that's it.
I remember them interacting before that and they were always chills, always felt like them being friends on the side was going to be a plot point, with Komi something throwing a fit every time she saw them together.

I'm pretty sure there was stuff before the boob grab, but I agree that is when Yoshida went fully into thinking he was into her.

Actually, in retrospect of course Tomoki feels boring, everything happening around him is due to the girls completely misunderstanding him, my dude was downgraded from Tomoko tsundere young brother to cardboard cutout for the girls to act dumb.
He effectively has no character anymore because only what the girls imagine moves the plot.

Fed-Kun's army
I would argue that the issue isn't Tomoki being boring, sure he's not exactly fun or interesting, but that isn't in itself a problem.

I feel that the biggest issue is that when it was with Tomoko she basically deserved all the cringe and suffering, because she was an asshole and kept putting her foot in her mouth all the time, she deserved whatever happened to her and that was literally part of the comedy.

Tomoki though? He literally just want to be left in peace, he rarely ever is an asshole and when he is the person even deserves it, all he wants is to be left alone without any weirdo harassing him.
That happening once in a while was fine, but it has been happening so much lately that it makes me feel like "just leave the poor man alone".

I feel that's the biggest reason why Sachi and Yoshida being interested in him grates me, Komi something and the other girl being obsessed with him was established from the beginning, but why do Sachi and Yoshida even like him? He barely ever paid attention to them, you can't even argue he's a generic "nice" dense character, because you can literally see he's just respectful but doesn't give a single fuck about any of them.

It feels like this happened because the author literally have no other male character to use, Mako x Yoshida and Sachi x Minami are arguably infinitely more established than him with the girls to boot, so it feels kinda of forced.
I do admit adding a new male character would have been worse though, I give the author that, but the harem shenanigans are already getting stale.

TL;DR Tomoko harem is more interesting than Tomoki harem and I need a better hobby than ranting here :notlikethis:

Agreed, especially the part about it's probably because he's the only male character they could use.
In lack of a better term, Tomoki is too much of a "normie" to be in his sister's universe and should be left alone as an unfortunate bystander / side character to her shenanigans as it was before.

Kiko (the cousin) and Emoji's dynamic was the best interaction I've read in a while.

I remember Nemo used to hang out with some guys in her circle before befriending Tomoko, but I guess the story has gone way too far to explore their development. Glasses Guy shows up once in a while but it's probably too late.
I'm also biased because I just really dislike Sachi. Her story with Minami just gives a toxic vibe to me and I honestly just skim through whenever they show up.

And no worries about the ranting :LOL: we're all just expressing out our frustration with the Tomoki/cultural festival arc. We have to get it out of our system and get ready for the next one. Ranting in the internet is a-ok (y)

Dex-chan lover
Agreed, especially the part about it's probably because he's the only male character they could use.
In lack of a better term, Tomoki is too much of a "normie" to be in his sister's universe and should be left alone as an unfortunate bystander / side character to her shenanigans as it was before.

Kiko (the cousin) and Emoji's dynamic was the best interaction I've read in a while.

I remember Nemo used to hang out with some guys in her circle before befriending Tomoko, but I guess the story has gone way too far to explore their development. Glasses Guy shows up once in a while but it's probably too late.
I'm also biased because I just really dislike Sachi. Her story with Minami just gives a toxic vibe to me and I honestly just skim through whenever they show up.

And no worries about the ranting :LOL: we're all just expressing out our frustration with the Tomoki/cultural festival arc. We have to get it out of our system and get ready for the next one. Ranting in the internet is a-ok (y)
I wouldn't outright call him a normie, but by comparison he's definitely the only normal person there lol

We really need more Kiko and Emoji, definitely best thing in this arc.

Taking into account how Nemo always hid her true nature, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not friends anymore, with Tomoko and Yuri she can be herself after all.
No no, that's the good thing, Sachi x Minami are perfect toxic yuri couple, Sachi was always painted as being a little too attached to Minami even, it's why she didn't care about losing the other two friends.

It's more like I could be doing something useful with my life instead lol
Like working
Biggest accomplishment recently is getting out of bed to play Elden Ring :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
I wouldn't outright call him a normie, but by comparison he's definitely the only normal person there lol

We really need more Kiko and Emoji, definitely best thing in this arc.

Taking into account how Nemo always hid her true nature, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not friends anymore, with Tomoko and Yuri she can be herself after all.
No no, that's the good thing, Sachi x Minami are perfect toxic yuri couple, Sachi was always painted as being a little too attached to Minami even, it's why she didn't care about losing the other two friends.

It's more like I could be doing something useful with my life instead lol
Like working
Biggest accomplishment recently is getting out of bed to play Elden Ring :aquadrink:
I need more Nemo. Too bad she was just a side character.

Dex-chan lover
I get it now, if it is a .1-3 chapter, the release is every 15 days, which is on an exact payday.

If it is a full chapter, the release happens after a FULL month, 31 days if March, etc... I guess this how the author arranged his payment with the publisher. Maybe this is why sometimes we need to wait 2 weeks or 5 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread