WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Ch. 222 - Since I'm Not Popular, It's a Live Concert (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
Round 2. FIGHT

ba3762952044cf786d5936fd8357221b.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Are all of you actually fucking malding because of the Tomoki Harem subplot, which was set up like 40 or 50 chapters ago, is going trough the set up, instead of focusing on me precious yuri girlfriends
Lol no. I don't give a shit about shipping whoever with whoever. Tomoki just sucks.

Dex-chan lover
8 years that got nowhere.

Multiple gay characters? The only characters confirmed lgbt at all are Tomoko, who's clearly bisexual, and Emoji, who's always treated as a punchline, everyone else is open to interpretation.

Fandom being yuri leaning is meaningless since that don't stop many works of being bait that goes nowhere or even outright end in het.
And the group translating it is also meaningless.

Problem isn't simply that last year has been dragging Tomoki and the festival plot lines, but that in this time all plot related to him have been unquestionably romantic, even if he has no interest in any of the girls.
Literally 4 girls wanting to get into his pants, with Yoshida and Sachi maaaaaybe actually getting somewhere in the long run.
Sure it's obviously played for comedy, but it's still more or less straight up using harem plot we see in het romance manga unironically.

Meanwhile none of the yuri subtext was taken seriously, Tomoki had more actual romantic progress in 1 year than Tomoko had in fucking 8 years.
And as a bonus we are basically canonically losing Mako x Yoshida pairing, which was also always treated as a joke.
Seriously, makes it feel like all the yuri teasing so far was nothing but bait.

You might not want to see things too much in a negative light, but I know better than to trust or have expectations from non yuri authors.
Do you remember the poll for "favorite pairings". I think it was very clear what that was about. Btw, the top 20 results were:
  1. Tomoko and Yuri (19,485)
  2. Tomoko and Nemo (10,189)
  3. Tomoko and Ucchi (6,505)
  4. Sachi and Koharu (5,840)
  5. Yuri and Nemo (5,696)
  6. Tomoko and Asuka (4,973)
  7. Tomoko and Tomoki (4,408)
  8. Tomoko and Kotomi (2,858)
  9. Mako and Yoshida (2,616)
  10. Tomoki and Sachi (2,383)
  11. Tomoko and Yoshida (2,218)
  12. Tomoko and Yuu (2,189)
  13. Hokari and Kotomi (2,104)
  14. Koharu and Futaki (1,838)
  15. Tomoko and Megumi (1,736)
  16. Tomoko and Sasaki (1,726)
  17. Tomoki and Yoshida (1,565)
  18. Tokomo and Shizuku (1,522)
  19. Yuri and Yoshida (1,408)
  20. Tomoko and Kiko (1,364)
Granted, that was a few years ago at this point, but they still wrote obviously shippy one-shots for the top five. So while I think this arc has gone on too long, I don't really think it's justified to be massively betrayed or whatever. Given the history and the fanbase of the manga, they'd have to be pretty fuckin' dumb to just ditch that. I say that, but then again, remember what Kaishaku did with Amnesian? Jesus fucking christ that was bad.

Dex-chan lover
Do you remember the poll for "favorite pairings". I think it was very clear what that was about. Btw, the top 20 results were:
  1. Tomoko and Yuri (19,485)
  2. Tomoko and Nemo (10,189)
  3. Tomoko and Ucchi (6,505)
  4. Sachi and Koharu (5,840)
  5. Yuri and Nemo (5,696)
  6. Tomoko and Asuka (4,973)
  7. Tomoko and Tomoki (4,408)
  8. Tomoko and Kotomi (2,858)
  9. Mako and Yoshida (2,616)
  10. Tomoki and Sachi (2,383)
  11. Tomoko and Yoshida (2,218)
  12. Tomoko and Yuu (2,189)
  13. Hokari and Kotomi (2,104)
  14. Koharu and Futaki (1,838)
  15. Tomoko and Megumi (1,736)
  16. Tomoko and Sasaki (1,726)
  17. Tomoki and Yoshida (1,565)
  18. Tokomo and Shizuku (1,522)
  19. Yuri and Yoshida (1,408)
  20. Tomoko and Kiko (1,364)
Granted, that was a few years ago at this point, but they still wrote obviously shippy one-shots for the top five. So while I think this arc has gone on too long, I don't really think it's justified to be massively betrayed or whatever. Given the history and the fanbase of the manga, they'd have to be pretty fuckin' dumb to just ditch that. I say that, but then again, remember what Kaishaku did with Amnesian? Jesus fucking christ that was bad.
Counter argument, polls and shipping doesn't really matter when it comes to the actual story, point, Bayonetta had massive yuri following, with the creator himself acknowledging and even sharing yuri stuff and teasing Bayonetta x Jeanne on Twitter, still ended in het.

Shocking news, people can be that fucking dumb unfortunately, never doubt that, as for Amnesian, to be fair Chikane wasn't really the real Chikane that always ends with Himeko, so it's more that the execution as a whole was garbage, did Himeko even end with the real Chikane? Cause I sure have no fucking clue.

The "betrayal" isn't just because Tomoki is having a harem, but because the story story seems to take it more seriously than the yuri teasing we had, which again aside from Emoji that is always treated as a punchline, didn't have any actual progression in years.

Seriously, we never had any explicitly 100% romantic yuri between Tomoko and any of the girls, not like Tomoki is having, the most we had undeniably romantic is Emoji, and she's always treated as a joke because she inevitably calls Tomoko gross and shoot herself in the foot, while Sachi and Yoshida had actual proper romantic moments with Tomoki that weren't a joke.

Now I'm reminded of Inu × Boku SS, which had a supposedly lesbian character who was in love with the female mc, and surprise, comes the ending heavily implying she'll end up with a dude.
I know better than to trust Japanese writers :notlikethis:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Kaishaku... never heard that author.

Anyway Watamote will be over once Tomoko touches Asuka boobs.
He's the creator of Kannazuki no Miko, among other things, I assume you know that series at least.

As for Asuka boobs, Tomoki is more likely of doing that, he touched boobs before and he's capable of doing it again, he's a menace, worse than Spider-Man!

Dex-chan lover
He's the creator of Kannazuki no Miko, among other things, I assume you know that series at least.

As for Asuka boobs, Tomoki is more likely of doing that, he touched boobs before and he's capable of doing it again, he's a menace, worse than Spider-Man!
I guess so... since Asuka is Tomoki's sister's friend like Masaki.... or maybe reverse... Tomoki gets to grab Asuka's crotch or @$$ splendidly this time.

Tomoki is now a male degen... hoes no bros.

A tribute (cough) when Tomoko groped "Ms. A-cup" 1st year then Akari, during the school festival arc.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Counter argument, polls and shipping doesn't really matter when it comes to the actual story, point, Bayonetta had massive yuri following, with the creator himself acknowledging and even sharing yuri stuff and teasing Bayonetta x Jeanne on Twitter, still ended in het.

Shocking news, people can be that fucking dumb unfortunately, never doubt that, as for Amnesian, to be fair Chikane wasn't really the real Chikane that always ends with Himeko, so it's more that the execution as a whole was garbage, did Himeko even end with the real Chikane? Cause I sure have no fucking clue.

The "betrayal" isn't just because Tomoki is having a harem, but because the story story seems to take it more seriously than the yuri teasing we had, which again aside from Emoji that is always treated as a punchline, didn't have any actual progression in years.

Seriously, we never had any explicitly 100% romantic yuri between Tomoko and any of the girls, not like Tomoki is having, the most we had undeniably romantic is Emoji, and she's always treated as a joke because she inevitably calls Tomoko gross and shoot herself in the foot, while Sachi and Yoshida had actual proper romantic moments with Tomoki that weren't a joke.

Now I'm reminded of Inu × Boku SS, which had a supposedly lesbian character who was in love with the female mc, and surprise, comes the ending heavily implying she'll end up with a dude.
I know better than to trust Japanese writers :notlikethis:
did Himeko even end with the real Chikane? Cause I sure have no fucking clue.
Neither do I! It stopped being translated because it was so fucking awful. Seriously, Kaishaku (a group of two people) are so dumb. They apparently didn't realize that the thing that made Kannazuki no Miko popular wasn't the mediocre story or action, but the captivating love story between Chikane and Himeko. That's why they were included in Kyoshiro and were the only interesting part of that story. But then they made Amnesian and a bunch of other crap for like 10 years that nobody cared about because Chikane and Himeko were the only good parts and they were ruined in Amnesian and they repeatedly shit all over their yuri fans for years. However, realizing they had become totally irrelevant, they wrote Himegami no Miko which is basically just Chimeko fanservice the whole way through and it was fucking amazing.

Dex-chan lover
I guess so... since Asuka is Tomoki's sister's friend like Masaki.... or maybe reverse... Tomoki gets to grab Asuka's crotch or @$$ splendidly this time.

Tomoki is now a male degen... hoes no bros.

A tribute (cough) when Tomoko groped "Ms. A-cup" 1st year then Akari, during the school festival arc.
He's not truly degen until he touches Tomoko.
Maybe that was the true endgame all along...

Dex-chan lover
Neither do I! It stopped being translated because it was so fucking awful. Seriously, Kaishaku (a group of two people) are so dumb. They apparently didn't realize that the thing that made Kannazuki no Miko popular wasn't the mediocre story or action, but the captivating love story between Chikane and Himeko. That's why they were included in Kyoshiro and were the only interesting part of that story. But then they made Amnesian and a bunch of other crap for like 10 years that nobody cared about because Chikane and Himeko were the only good parts and they were ruined in Amnesian and they repeatedly shit all over their yuri fans for years. However, realizing they had become totally irrelevant, they wrote Himegami no Miko which is basically just Chimeko fanservice the whole way through and it was fucking amazing.
I wish someone at least gave us full spoilers.

As for Kaishaku, I kinda of disagree with what you said, sure Kannazuki no Miko is their most famous work, but they're only really relevant because of when the anime was released, otherwise they never would have been as relevant at all in any way.

Plus they have always been a het mangaka first and foremost, Kannazuki no Miko is the exception rather than the norm, so even if they never got attention again, their career continued as usual, because yuri fans were never really their actual fandom.

As for Himegami, surprising nobody translated it yet, I honestly doubt they did it to get attention, otherwise they would have done it a long time ago lol

Dex-chan lover
He's not truly degen until he touches Tomoko.
Maybe that was the true endgame all along...
Well... his "first" "accidental" kiss was so horrible that his innocent kisses during childhood with "Tomo-onee-chan" looked "OK."

Users who are viewing this thread