WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 16 Ch. 152 - Because i'm not Popular, I'll ... (._.)

Fed-Kun's army
@YamiryuuZero the w3 translation drops the subtext, but she's just trying to act like a shounen protagonist when she does the self sacrifice. Based on her thought process calling it a character development is little bit of a stretch as it is still her in some delusion (or she's lying to her self to justify her atypical behavior) . Although, in the past she would have never invited the hatred of others no matter the reason.

@Gustbk
"What is it with Watamote and ending chapters at the worst possible moment???"
It's funny, I thought of this same thing the other day. I think it's to remind us readers that at the end of the day this manga is all about being awkward.

Dex-chan lover
Tomoko have a game of table tennis very soon, people will notice her absence.
Will she go to the sports court or will she go hide somewhere? And while she is hidden who will be the one to discover her?
There's a chance that the one to find and console her will be a favorite to win the Tomoko Cup, and I have to say that I wish it's one of the boys. After being put seated next to a bunch of boys it's time to have a chapter where she finally interacts with one of them. Plus, I think that for her would be more meaningful to her from a boy that she is not undesired.

Dex-chan lover
@OniBarubary
"You both are so awkward. It was going well with Kuroki finally having a real conversation with her but Emoji's friends had a point too; if you like someone and forego your friends to hang out with them it's sort of disrespectful to the people who are always with you to just be forgotten or thrown to the side like that."

Except that they made a point to separate friendship from love and all girls agreed that it's acceptable in this case if she was chasing her crush.

Dex-chan lover
@Gustbk @Jorelm
"What is it with Watamote and ending chapters at the worst possible moment???"

With the bigger cast and dynamics situations got longer, no long fitting in a single 20 pages chapters. They now need to be divided into segments, is just that.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino

That's still shitty lol

And often what happens when someone goes after their crush at the expense of other relationships. Friend/romance it doesn't matter, treating friends like they aren't people and you can just leave and come back to them whenever is real shit.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino
Makes sense, I never considered the fact that the chapter length was for the most part fixed. That being said, there have being moments where the closing gag was really abrupt and the next chapter didn't elaborate on it...I'm fairly certain this won't happen next time but still, our Emoji need some closure. It's still not too late.

Double-page supporter
Emoji !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is grounded in reality. So good! Yet it hurts so bad~!

Users who are viewing this thread