WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 17 Ch. 160 - Because I'm Not Popular, It's the Last Day of Suspens…

Dex-chan lover
Asuka is trolling the living hell out of Fuuka. I get the feeling that they have some kind of history, but it's hard to tell. Sometimes I think they're "birthday party friends," in the same circles growing up, invited to the same parties, used to each other but not close.

you always have to quote your source. if there is no source of this being the final chapter, then its fake

Contributor
TL errors:

p2: Tomoki says "No, you do your best" as in "I don't need that, you do". He doesn't say yes at all or "you too"

p10: Ucchi calls the dog gross-cute, rather than grossly cute. Like the term "ugly cute"

p13: Misaki's mom is apologizing for her stupid daughter, Tomoko's mom is saying it's Tomoko that had caused her trouble

Contributor
also, what @goodie-bag said.

The final page is the sort of page a series would end on, but if you actually look at it this would be a baffling, utterly stupid place to end a series. "Then she got suspended and met her friends". Like, what. Of course you'd only need to check the website to see that the next chapter will be in two weeks.

Dex-chan lover
wow this ch felt like the end of the series omg... but yeah im just glad this little suspension arc is finally over

looking forward to the next ch

Dex-chan lover
tfw you've watched Tomoko grow so much in the past 8 years, but some of the older readers dropped the series because they haven't grown at all themselves

@thofheinz
4chan isn't a single person. It was probably just a joke spiraled out of control by trolls that caught the joke and decided to blow it up, which some people, knowingly or not, took it seriously.

So, business as usual over there.

Dex-chan lover
Thank god this arc is over.

Seriously f*** this school's administration. Why drag them in AGAIN only with their parents in tow? It's over and the girls did their time. Why drag this on even more???

Dex-chan lover
@eviljackspicer

All the stakeholders had to be there at the end, kids and parents and administration, to tie the whole thing up. I gather a lot of things in Japan work this way.

Personally, I thought the arc was pretty damn cool. It was a different framing device with a lot of askew character interactions.

Aggregator gang
@WhimsiCat except the fact the dogs name was not translated as "cony" ... theres no o there, its clearly written as "c*ny" .... its not hard to figure out its a censored word

Group Leader
I really love the series this far, I hope Nico Tanigawa give her a boyfriend or at least a male interested in Tomoko.

Double-page supporter
I wanna see the dude that drew Tomoko like shit the first time and then redeemed himself by drawing her decently.

Dex-chan lover
...that was really nice. This whole arc about how Tomoko has changed and developed friendships one way or another, even with her usual ways of acting...it was heartwarming and really nice.

I wish this continues being about the bonds between people, simply and (very bitter)sweetly.

This was a good end for the volume. Hopefully the next book wont be all about College entrance exams and such.

Dex-chan lover
@chocolatepancake Well, we will get to that in time but from a comment on Reddit, we are end June, early July in the manga so we have some time before coming to the College exams.

Dex-chan lover
@chocolatepancake

The college entrance exams are extremely important to this story. They are an inevitable turning point for the future of this group of friends, which will come apart one way or another. Look at Aoyama U., for instance. If Tomoko doesn't get in there, that will determine her future with Asuka, Megumin, and possibly Yuri.

Users who are viewing this thread