WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 19 Ch. 183 - Since I'm Not Popular, A Typhoon is Coming (Part 1)

Dex-chan lover
I felt like it's been ages since we've had a Yuri chapter

Dex-chan lover
Confirmed, Yuri is worshipping some ancient God of Storms, this was all part of her masterplan to have Kuro to herself the whole day!

INb4 they come back and someone else shows up in the house lo/

We all know why she thought it was appropriate to bring spare underwear

Dex-chan lover
Dancer in the Dark was such a curveball, but it seems like an appropriate one for Yuri. I love these two the most, no “yuri” vibes, just total ply a funny awkward friendship built off of shared misanthropy

I really love Tomoko and Yuri chapters, the growing friendship between the two and their chemistry together has got to be one of my favorite parts about this manga.
Looking forward to part 2.

Fed-Kun's army
At first this was a really good comedy slice of life about a awkward loner with no friends. In fact the first vols from before she got more friends had some of the most hilarious moments I've ever read in manga. Now after she quickly gained a following of girls who are all curious about what her deal is. Shown several ideas and thoughts similar to someone who is bi. Has a girl crush on Katou. Plus constant yuri doujins are being made. The voice actress for Tomoko is a lesbian and a huge yuri fan (even wrote her own yuri manga) who possibly talked with the writer of Watamote about decisions on Tomoko's character. After all this bisexual character buildup and teasing, I think a ton of people will be disappointed if there's no yuri end. I'd like to see a yuri subplot where she ends up with either Katou or Nemoto. Yuri seems like a best friend candidate but not love interest. She already seems gay for Katou, but Nemo would be a good power couple with Tomoko. She could be a script writer for anime or a light novel author while Nemo voices characters. I'll be disappointed if the end is Tomoko feeling satisfied over having finally made friends then getting into college but no love. They already know the fans want the gay, but will they indulge us with it? Also seeing a story arc of Tomoko realizing her sexuality would be epic

Dex-chan lover
@CSmith327 As much as I'd love some proper yuri without being treated as a joke or fanservice, I think I'd be fine with any ending as long as she doesn't end up in a random het relationship. Although this might differ depending on how much longer the manga is gonna extend to. If we get to see Tomoko going into college and possibly developing mature feelings concerning love, I guess I do wish to see Tomoko falling in love with one of the girls.

Fed-Kun's army
I know some people will be like "ew don't put yuri in my friendship slice of life manga" but honestly if Tomoko wasn't the closeted bisexual that she is I wouldn't root for any yuri content. If it was just friendship and no gay thoughts or sexual harassment going on, I wouldn't expect any yuri to happen.

Dex-chan lover
I was expecting something like this.

kuI93Gd.png

Fed-Kun's army
@tamarakko Yeah I would be unsatisfied with an ending along the lines of "Maybe I wasn't so unpopular after all, look at all the nice friends I've made" then accepted into college and that's it. I would be even more disappointed if she gets with some random guy that had very little character development

Dex-chan lover
I really like the whole slice of life vibe these two have when they're together. Like they can be themselves around each other and it feels more natural. Just two antisocial friends hanging out. I would like to see them together, but I would be perfectly fine Yuri just takes the best friend role

Users who are viewing this thread