WataMote: No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular! - Vol. 19 Ch. 183 - Since I'm Not Popular, A Typhoon is Coming (Part 1)

Aggregator gang
Tomoko: Yeah let's watch a nice musical.
Yuri: Dancer in the Dark.
Me: ... ...Okay, that's... a choice too I guess.

And Yuri seems to come prepared for... eventualities.

Group Leader
Her room may be tidy, but she's lucky Yuri didn't peek into her drawers and her computer's hard drive.
Also now they are both officialy Doomers now. Welcome to the gang, girls.

But for the world to collapse, aren't we getting closer than ever lately ?

Aggregator gang
I love this. Outside of Yuu and Nemo, Yuri is the only one who i feel like Tomoko really shows her true self too. She seems very relaxed and at ease. It's a shame it them so long to become friends.

Whether or not the authors are going to use this arc to address Tomoko's sexuality remains to be seen. I don't think they will though.

I may read too much from it but from what I remember about Yuri and from what is show in this chapter I fell like Yuri is trying to talk about her emotions and open up about her problems and fears.
Think about it: Yuri is quite restrained and emotionless and show some represed anger and possessiveness (geting jealous over her friends's friends) and now we have her choosing film with topics like depresion and suecide saying things like "I figured that if it were you, you would understand it" follow with discussion about wanting world to end.

Dex-chan lover
YAY, finally, Yuri getting to have her sleepover with Tomoko.

@ProsperoIV i agree with you, i've always gotten those vibes from Yuri.

I'm actually really worried for her, hoping next chapter can allay those fears and Yuri and Tomoko can share a nice hot bath and hop into bed together;)

The name of these 2 chapters could be a bit of foreshadowing..A typhoon is coming literally, maybe an emotional typhoon is coming too...

Brought a spare paid of underwear "just in case", eh?

@vangoz Wasn't watch the film, I think I saw suicide in previous comments. My bad for not checking up but any way my point is she chose rather heavy film she would not watch with any other person.

Double-page supporter
@RNDM1 Exactly my point. Being a perv towards girls don't affect her much, just talking or having non-sexual contact with a boy overwhelm her. She have an above the average response to both boys and girls but her reaction to boys is still 10 times higher than to girls.

Dex-chan lover
lol wut? It's been a long time since it was just Yuri and Tomoko doing very weird stuff together and this chapter was fucking weird, again Yuri trying to connect about weird stuff is as always pretty weird, good thing Tomoko kind of gets her.

”Fun, wasn’t it?”
Yuri being a fan of Lars von Trier just bumped her stocks above everyone else, so I’m rooting for her this arc.

Aggregator gang
@te-kun I'm sorry but have you skipped most of her interactions with Asuka or something.

Plus she just straight up has way less experience meeting hot guys in general whereas nontrivial portion of her female social circles range from "cute" to "whoa mama"; there's such thing as "acclimation".

Dex-chan lover
oh my god it's a Yuri arc. AND SHE'S NOW A MUSICAL BUFF. AND SHE'S WATCHING THAT ONE MOVIE WITH BJORK LOL. oh my god, all this time she wasn't listening to Merzbow or or Boris or Shinsei Kamattechan, but Rent and Sweeney Todd, LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread