Watari-kun no ×× ga Houkai Sunzen - Ch. 87 - The Shape of a Family

Dex-chan lover
They can just get married and not have kids. That's totally an option. Could even not get married and just be a happy couple on their own terms. All viable.

Dex-chan lover
Either she feels unworthy to make him happy or she can’t have kids which she feels that she is going to disappoint him.

I just want it to crash it down, we are at a stage where this pile of defection isn't worth it anymore, either do something crazy or don't continue at all, man just go full ntr at this point, at least we'll have a good laugh

Really appreciate the fact you did the handwriting yourself. Gave the moment a nice feel. Also nice handwriting.

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit, thank God this series is ending lol

Only because if it was still in the early, mid, or hell, even a few chapters/volumes ago, overhearing Satsuki say "I can't marry Nao-kun" would have resulted in literally two or three volumes of him feeling sorry for himself, a few more misunderstandings and miscommunications, and probably yet another subplot involving yet another "will-they-won't-they" mini-arc with F-Cup-chan Ishihara lmfao

So yeah, thank God, cause we were actually able to stick to how normal manga characters react and only have that moment serve as a small "wait what" moment for a few panels/pages and have it resolved with actual communication between them a few panels/pages later.

I mean shit, it got resolved in the same chapter it was overheard! That never would have happened if the series was still intending on staying ongoing lmfao

But anyway, in-series that also means that Naoto finally got over himself and grew up/matured a bit. Though not enough to rein in his eavesdropping/voyeurism fetish, but at least he still cleared it up instead of letting it become a multi-volume misunderstanding-leads-to-break-up arc again hahaha

It's nice to see the development continue to go more towards "what is family," "what is responsibility," than the really generic "I don't understand love" trope.
yeah I thought about that too, it's nice to have something like that especially when both protagonist have some issues with family which makes it more amazing. I like the way they become more mature on this matter and I think it's written well

Dex-chan lover
Wow a japanese protagonist that doesn't want to have kids!
I wouldn't outright say that Satsuki doesn't want them and Naoto just agrees with that. It seems to me that she doesn't want to repeat the cycle of handling children not right and he doesn't want to be like his parents (almost the same thing with a bit of a different angle), so I see them as really responsible people in this regard and that's kind of commendable. Besides, they're just at the start of their adult life and almost everything in their lifes can and will change a 1000 times.
Or the author just wants to continue to drag some more drama with slightly adultish perspective approach.

Users who are viewing this thread