Watashi ga Koibito ni Nareru Wake Naijan, Muri Muri! (Muri Janakatta!?) - Ch. 59 - A Tale of Sena Ajisai Chapter 6 Part 1

Aggregator gang
While its nice that Ajisai "wins" in the end if the spoilers i saw in the past are correct she will have to share that win 50/50 with Mai as poly.
Honestly there is not much that could make me like Mai at this point, her whole attitude since the start is shitty but at least i will have my half win :shamihuh:

Dex-chan lover
While its nice that Ajisai "wins" in the end if the spoilers i saw in the past are correct she will have to share that win 50/50 with Mai as poly.
Honestly there is not much that could make me like Mai at this point, her whole attitude since the start is shitty but at least i will have my half win :shamihuh:
So the war ended up in a stalemate, and Renako become the buffer zone...

Aggregator gang
This chapter was paced so well. It also shows how different Ajisai’s internal and socialized position is from others in regard to her orientation. She knows her feelings now. I hope she finds her satisfactory conclusion. #TeamAjisai #Polyifthatworksforthemhellyeah

Dex-chan lover
Well, if this is true, Then I am happy. Rather a poly than just AjisaiXRenako.

Dex-chan lover
Yyyyeeeesss! She said the words, the war is on. Would like to see her come out to her friends who'll become her war cabinet. She, and Mai, don't really seem to have proper friends in high school due to being idolised and set apart because of it so the support would be good to see. Thanks for translating.

Dex-chan lover
Meanwhile I'm not a fan of Renako, who easily takes advantage of others feelings for her, without caring about how the other person may feel <_<.. Mainly Mai in this case, just talking about someone you love with the person who loves you (knowingly) is questionable 🥲
The way she then goes and offers stuff like kisses and such aint helping her case (for me at least), considering she has no intention of recuperation her feelings..

Would honestly find it better, if Mai finds a girl that genuinely loves her

Actually Mai has good side.
She is kind enough to support Renako and Ajisai.
Her commitment to Renako is the best.
Her Tolerance is also very good.

The only bad side, she is very very narcisst.

Thanks for the spoiler. And i 100% agree with you about Mai.

Dex-chan lover
Aquarium date time!

Should just be 2-3 more chapters of LN 3, and then it's Kaho-chan's turn!!!! She's Fun.

Everyone calling this a war declaration really doesn't get Ajisai's character at all.
Even admitting her feelings exist was a Really Big step for her, being "selfish" enough to actually pursue those feelings is still a bit too much for Ajisai right now. Not without a little encouragement from a certain arrogant frenchwoman, at least.

even when Ajisai finally gets the courage to pursue her feelings, she and Mai still don't end up fighting over Renako. Rather, they end up fighting to get out of the way for the other to be with Renako. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Being a good friend is more important to both of them than getting to be with Renako, even though they both deeply love her.

They don't realize it themselves cause they both love Renako more, but Mai and Ajisai are also extremely (and very obviously) in love with each other, too. It's adorable. Literally every single one-on-one scene they have together going forward is framed so romantically they themselves point it out. Repeatedly. They keep joking about it to diffuse the mood that inevitably builds up between them every time they're alone together, just so they don't have think too much about why that is. The "subtext" between them is basically just text, it's so thick you could cut it with a knife. If they weren't two "rival" heroines in a harem series, more people would be shipping them with each other than Renako.

and yes, this is a harem series. Poly end is happening. I've only read the first 4 novels myself, but as of the end of Vol 4 Renako is dating 2 of her 4 friends, will almost certainly be dating another by the end of the next Vol, and the last friend is definitely also in love with her so it's only a matter of time.
They all don't just love Renako, either. All the harem members have some subtextual, and sometimes outright textual feelings for at least one other harem member, which is something I really like about this series. It makes them all ending up together and being ok with that outcome way more believable. These girls feel like could naturally end up in an actual polyamorous relationship together, not just a wish fulfilment anime harem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread