Watashi ga Koibito ni Nareru Wake Naijan, Muri Muri! (Muri Janakatta!?) - Ch. 59 - A Tale of Sena Ajisai Chapter 6

Dex-chan lover
So now it's just between these two? There is still a girl we never got to really see yet. I want to get to know all of them before I really pick my fave.

Dex-chan lover
I wanted to embed that Godzilla GIF "Let Them Fight" here, but it is too much trouble - or I'm Renako-level dense when it comes to using these sorts of things; And also, I hope they don't fight, regardless of whichever conclusion the manga reaches, I rather have the girls get to it in friendly terms

Also with Rena/ Mai/ Ajisai setting sail towards a rainbow. That too.
:huh:

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

Ajisai aint hear no bell! Here's to hoping she gives Mai a beating in the ring of honor!

Dex-chan lover
Author's doing a good job at making Mai look better, even after all the BS she did. I hope Mai will end up being a good character before the end, and not just a plot device.

Dex-chan lover
How about Mai x Ajisai? I’ve never really been a fan of Renako, and I seem to lose more interest in her with each chapter.

How about Mai x Ajisai? I’ve never really been a fan of Renako, and I seem to lose more interest in her with each chapter.
It will came soon, after Renako confess to both of them. Ajisai suggest Mai to going out together.
Then Ajisai-san was the one to break the silence. “Hey,” she said, turning to Mai with a look of confusion.
“What do you think, Mai-chan…? Since she’s offering, do you think we should both date?”
“You and I? Well, that’s certainly an idea.”

Dex-chan lover
I think ultimately this is what Mai wanted. She recognized that Ajisai was being odd, but she's also shockingly generous. I can see this being a situation where Mai steps away from it because Renako has expressed she "isnt as into Mai as she is with her". Honestly at this point I just want all 4 girls to be in a polycule, loving each other.

Dex-chan lover
I cant choose! I mean Mai is kinda really bad, but their dynamic is good for a story! JUST GO POLY N KEEP IT MOVIN 😭

Dex-chan lover
The way all these girls keep blushing at each other is making me lose my mind aaaaa i just want everyone to win

Dex-chan lover
It will came soon, after Renako confess to both of them. Ajisai suggest Mai to going out together.
Then Ajisai-san was the one to break the silence. “Hey,” she said, turning to Mai with a look of confusion.
“What do you think, Mai-chan…? Since she’s offering, do you think we should both date?”
“You and I? Well, that’s certainly an idea.”

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO

Dex-chan lover
even when Ajisai finally gets the courage to pursue her feelings, she and Mai still don't end up fighting over Renako. Rather, they end up fighting to get out of the way for the other to be with Renako. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad. Being a good friend is more important to both of them than getting to be with Renako, even though they both deeply love her.

They don't realize it themselves cause they both love Renako more, but Mai and Ajisai are also extremely (and very obviously) in love with each other, too. It's adorable. Literally every single one-on-one scene they have together going forward is framed so romantically they themselves point it out. Repeatedly. They keep joking about it to diffuse the mood that inevitably builds up between them every time they're alone together, just so they don't have think too much about why that is. The "subtext" between them is basically just text, it's so thick you could cut it with a knife. If they weren't two "rival" heroines in a harem series, more people would be shipping them with each other than Renako.
Yeah i remember reading this and initially dropping it because i was rather unimpressed with Mai's antics, but having binged it now i totally felt the romantic tension between mai and ajisai in every scene they are together in even before this interaction. Super excited for more

Users who are viewing this thread