Watashi ga Koibito ni Nareru Wake Naijan, Muri Muri! (Muri Janakatta!?) - Ch. 61 - Ch. 61

I love Mai as a character but I think for a lot of people and myself included, even though she can be a really wonderful person she is still someone who is constantly thinking they're the best person in the room. You need to remember that when she was giving Ajisai the advice we saw earlier, it was also with the confidence that she was certain she was going to win. She's willing to help but it's almost always from a place of superiority to everyone else.

It's also why she gets so surprised with Renako saying yes. She was certain that with how much denial the girl has in her and how slow she is to come out of her shell that it was going to be a race with Ajisan, not a loss the moment the other person 'officially joined'. She couldn't comprehend the circumstances being different for the two, and it lead to this.

I will agree though she's definitely not a sexual fiend. It's entirely normal to want to experience and do the things she wants with someone she loves. Mai's issue is that she has trouble with y'know, making sure the other person is properly consenting first :v
Seems like you misunderstood her character. SHE IS NOT CONFIDENT AT ALL, in the previous chapter Ajisai made it pretty clear. She was worried when Rena and Ajisai went on a trip together.

author is a clown for making u read 20 plus chapters hoping mai and renako will work it out but nooo
ok shes rejected hard she gonna move on but nooo
just bs fckin hell
and oc ends up dating both
eyy at least its not the worst manga out there hisureba takes that spot

Dex-chan lover
YEAHHHHHH WOOO BEST GIRL STAYS ON TOOPP!!!!!

I am a certified Mai hater, but I will admit fully and completely that she really showed her best in this arc. Best Girl Ajisai probably wouldn't have confessed without her encouragement, and it's also nice to see that their relationship despite loving the same girl is really close.

My largest issue with Mai is that it always felt as if she treated Renako like she owned Renako- that her immense love overruled her autonomy. Sometimes this would be really damn obvious like in chapter 14. Other times it would subtler like when Renako ran away with Ajisai and Mai crashed their cohabitation. In one way or another it always seemed like she was asserting possession over Renako.

I'm still not too sure how to put it, but this arc showed something different. She actively aided her opposition because she had absolute trust that Renako would choose her. It's different. It felt like before she was forcing events to happen to bring her closer to Renako, but now it feels like she's letting Renako choose her. Her love before manifested in games and gambits to trick Renako to love her. This love manifests as certainty that her and Renako's love is true and destiny.

I'm still wary of Mai. I'm not sure how well this certainty will last since Ajisai "stole" her place as Renako's destiny. Still, I can see how a harem end could work now. I would really prefer for Ajisai and Renako's moment to last for a while longer, but I wouldn't feel bad rooting for a harem end

Edit:
Reread chapter 14. I still stand by what I said here, but she really needs to give Ren a proper apology- not one where she endangers herself if she's not forgiven. I really don't think it'll happen though. I'll just snort a brick of copium and imagine that in the far future, they've been adults for a while. They reminisce on their love story and Mai realizes that she was pretty scummy in that moment. They talk it out, and Renako forgives her properly. (This is heavy, heavy cope)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Everyone here is on either of the two factions. Meanwhile I'm on team Satsuki xD Sadly if I'm not wrong, I don't think she will have a lot of moments in the next two novel volumes.

Dex-chan lover
Would be a good stop (or perhaps a happy ending) here.
Thanks for the translation and see ya after the next arc completed!

Dex-chan lover
She said it! Rena accepted! The confession scene was gorgeous and I loved the dumbfounded look on Rena's face but the immediate okay to her angel asking her out. And Mai befuddlement was nice.

I will enjoy this high for now as I'm sure there will be some self-esteem issue from Rena's side that means something's been misunderstood but, for now, woo!

Dex-chan lover
I'll probably stop reading so I can delude myself with Ajisai's victory and cover girl losing for once

Group Leader
:kek: Renako didn't even think twice can't blame her. I honestly like all the girls all of them have good personalities on their own way imo so I will keeo enjoying regardless of the choice heh

Double-page supporter
Still dont like Mai, even tho there were some attempts to make her look good and show she is trying to be a good person inside, from the start she feels almost like a stalker kind of person towards our MC, forcing herself onto Renako because she is easily swayed and following/ stalking her everywhere because she is jelly about Renako interacting with any other possible love interest alone.
This is kinda a creepy behaviour since they are not in any kind of relationship but its shown as ok in here.
I also saw some spoiler in here that said Renako later backpedals her instant ok when she sees Mai's reaction and instead asks for a month time to think about things only to ask them both to date her later which is pretty eh..

This is just my personal opinion and ofc. Its fine if the author wants the characters to be ok with that, also i am not an LN reader so people that are up to date on that might disagree since i can only personally judge what's happening in the manga, maybe there will be some important context later that i dont know yet but it will be hard for me to like Mai anyway.

Dex-chan lover
People are really like “she fucking won!” when in fact both her and Mai are going to be dating her together…

Users who are viewing this thread