Watashi no Kobushi wo Uketomete!

Great read. 8.5. Not a masterpiece but not a regular good read either. Deserves more than an 8 for sure, but not sure if I'm willing to give 9 or more. Regardless, I would still recommend this to people as though it's a 10.

Aggregator gang
@ankiwi
You're right, I was confused.
I didn't realize that clicking on the author name in the manga description just brought you to a search page, I always thought it was some sort of author profile page listing all their manga.

Dex-chan lover
Nice story, and had some decent closure, but even if the closure was decent, I don't know if it was what I really wanted out of this manga. I feel like there were like 3-5 more chapters missing from the end of this, but obviously that's not the case. Some things I expected were like running into the old friends again, but correcting the lie Ayako told, thus showing her growth.

Dex-chan lover
This is another example of manga where grownups act like middle school students. Sane behavior? Reasoning? Adequate feelings expression? Forget about it. Characters are cardboard and pretty annoying because of how they the act. I can hardly even call it "romance". But the worst thing is that all their dialogues and monologues are basically the same one through almost all chapters. All what they do is walking with sad\angry faces, thinking the same thoughts and repeating absolutely the same words over and over again.

I re-read this and oh boi how can i forgot this feeling is... such a rare manga that can make me feeling like idk how to explain both times and i love it very much. Thank you to the translator and also the author for bringing this masterpiece 😊

@Fredericton Have you read Bloom in to you/ Yagate Kimi ni Naru? One of the best Yuri mangas out there. Has some good ace/aro representation, from two different characters as well.

This was a good read. The premise is good and I like the characters. I 10/10 every manga I binge in a single day.

@Fluffislife but does it matter? Putting strict labels on things kinda ruins it, they enjoy being together and that's all that matters, for all you know Takeba is just asexual and isn't interested in kissing or sex but still loves the other girl romantically. In the end all that matters is that they're happy

@elgreggo bloom into you only has one ace/aro character, Yuu
Is not asexual or aromantic as shown by the end of the series which is honestly a really big gripe I have with it, it treated the asexual representation really poorly
. Other than that bloom into you has a lot of large writing flaws I can't really overlook so I wouldn't say it's really that good.

@citrus3301 It's all good in the story I guess but irl I don't see a relationship working out when one person is asexual and the other one isn't.

Dex-chan lover
A great manga but not exactly my cup of tea

It's a very sweet and cute story. It's about accepting and loving yourself and taking life at your own pace. Something to remark is that I felt like I was actually watching the two of them grow, grow closer and stuff.

The way the time moves in the story just feels amazing. Not every chapter is meaningful but it they don't feel wasted either.

And I love the way the author uses small little details. ex. There's this owl that appears in
Ch 2.1 and then reapers on Ch 3.1, ect. Or how Takebe or Soramori take origami lesson's Ch 9 And in the end Takebe proposes (?) to soramori on a swan boat with a bouquet of origami flowers CH 20. It's the small things that add up :)

But.... even with all of that, where was the action.............? Where was the fighting fisting..............?
The disappointment I felt after realizing the fight scenes we got WASN'T EVEN A FULL CHAPTER heck it wasn't even HALF A CHAPTER. Why call it "accept my fist of love". IF ALL THE FIST ACTION WE SEE IS BARELY EVEN A FIGHT?!?!?!?!?

Recommended? Yes, but be warned you won't see a lof of action. Also it's a wholesome slow burn.
image.png

Double-page supporter
I just rediscovered this! I started it years ago when it was only like 5 or 6 chapters in and lost track of it. Now I finally get to finish it! It's so good, not a lot of non ecchi yuri that's centered around adult relationships.

very sweet read, strangely endearing manga about two dorks trying to figure out their lives while trying to understand what the hell is up with "love" and all that stuff society expects of you. Surprisingly well-written characters and a comfy manga overall. 9/10!

Users who are viewing this thread