Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 7 Ch. 33 - Splinter

Now I want them to end up together more. 😭 But y'all say they won't and this is making it even more sad.

Thank you so much for your hard work! πŸ’–

Fed-Kun's army
Trying to control what gifts your daughter gives out and then become accusing when she doesn't give out what "you" want.. its so painful to be able to relate with it.

Also I'm not sure where I came across this, but being an adult stuck in your ways, sometimes a child can open your eyes to follow a different approach. That I believe is the beauty of age-gap.

@Delishangel
Not sure about romance, but the later chapters
satoko has a fight with the other girl regarding mashuu, and both of them are in tears

Aggregator gang
if only the world could just stop for a second and let these two lonely souls have a quiet minute

Fed-Kun's army
I'm blown away. Gosh, can we just make a religion of this lol? Author gotta tell me the books she reads. The way she drew it is also just beautiful! Is there a way to study under her-

Maybe I'm still immature and stupid but I think a connection like theirs is magical as it is grounded, and that's just wonderful. Thanks for the translation!

@firefox1234 thanks for the confirmation I really like this manga and I wouldn't be able to continue reading and enjoying it If I knew their would romance between the two. If the age gap were smaller then maybe I would have been okay with it. The world is so filthy that its hard to imagine an adult want to spend time or help a child for pure reasons and not anything nefarious. Unfortunately those are the times we currently live in.

im not sure if they won't end together but, if the author is planning to do , probably won't say " they will end together" is like spoil the whole history. i hope Mashuu grows up and they better develop their story and heal each other as they have been.

@akashi-san
@delishangel
@lysanderstreason

Nakain here. I've seen a lot of comments about what the author said in terms of them ending up together. When asked if it would be an age gap romance, the author stated that "no, they didn't approve of children being in a romantic relationship with an adult, and Mashuu needs to figure some things out while he's still a child." That's based on the translation that was provided.

I never interpreted it as "they won't" but rather "they won't while Mashuu is a child". I could be wrong, of course. But I haven't seen any indication in the story (including the raws) that they definitely won't end up together. So for those that want them to, don't get your hopes up too high, but don't assume it won't happen either. I still think they might.

Dex-chan lover
thanks a lot for the chapter ! sadly in my country there only 2 vol out so far and its been like 1 year since vol 2 come out .

i really do want them to end up together by whatever relationship they will have just let them be happy please

ooh, that really made me tear up. the growing pains of becoming an adult and being an adult can be very lonesome
and the struggle to communicate and connect with people you're "supposed" to be close with can be overbearing

Double-page supporter
This chapter was wonderful. I really love how Satoko and Mashuu are teaching and learning from each other (more so Satoko from Mashuu though)

Dex-chan lover
I'm sure it must have happened a few times, but in my whole life I can hardly ever remember thinking to myself, "I have to act like X because I'm an adult". But a lot of people seem to worry about that. With me it's more personal--"I have to act like X because I am who I am, and it would be beneath me to do less." It's a pride thing, but not so much a society's expectations thing.
I guess ever since I was a kid I've looked around at a lot of the adults and didn't think I wanted to end up acting like those putzes. And contrariwise, some of the people I respected most didn't act much "like adults".

Dex-chan lover
@firefox1234 That's unfortunate. I hate romance manga that leave out the actual romance. (like After the Rain). I also really dislike the author spoiling the story, whether they are successful in ending up together is kind of a major plot point

Dex-chan lover
Having gone through the "Oh, my mother is horrible and i should leave and not look back" thing not too long ago, these last two chapters were both pretty painful but also very comforting seeing Satoko struggle with it and ultimately take comfort (Even if not all the way, oh my god the head pat tease, author you monster) in Mashuu made me feel a lot less lonely too, that sort of loneliness you feel in a room filled with good friends. I don't really care whether or not they end up romantically together anymore, as long as they're beside each other and can take meaning and comfort from each other in their lives, i think that's more important than kissing, flirting, marrying and whatever else romance would bring. Like another comment said, just let these two lonely souls have a few moments of quiet together.

I've changed my rating from 9 to 10 and i am officially petitioning to allows us to rate one manga per account 11/10, thank you for coming to my ted talk.

And most importantly, thank you so much for the translation! You guys and this author have helped me better than my therapist by this point, i would hug every single person involved if i could!

Thank you so much for this chapter!!!! Thank you for all the hard work and love. My heart feels really full and heavy in a good way and I appreciate that.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the chapter!

I found all 6 volumes on right stuf so I'll be ordering them this week, thanks for the heads up.

Satoko is in so much pain, it's as if the roles have reversed now and Mashuu has come to comfort her, like she did for him. The imagery with Satoko as a youth and Mashuu as an adult was excellently done. I really love this author and how she is going about this story.

Her mother is a horrible person. Mashuu's dad is flawed but what Satoko's mother does is abusive.

I enjoyed reading this chapter so much !! I love everything about this manga πŸ₯ΊπŸ’—πŸ’—
Thank you sooo much for translating and for your hard work πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›βœ¨

Users who are viewing this thread