Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 8 Ch. 37 - Turquoise

they jersey's pretty stylish honestly, I'd hardly call it dressing sloppily or whatever

@Zess Yeah, I think he looked way better in the Jersey. Japanese fashion is kinda... behind? When I went to Japan, there was a fashion poster of a guy that looked identical to my Dad from the 80s.

I can almost hear how Nao's heart breaks into pieces when she sees Satoko's coat
3 more chapters for reach the raws, thank you

Double-page supporter
Jersey was okay tho? I mean it's sorta fashionable if the one wearing it pulls it off lol
I can't get Japanese fashion style sometimes

Oof.. Ogata realized it. I'm still rooting for you girl! Don't lose heart!!!

Thanks for the chapter!

Ahhhh dammit I really want them to get together and what's with the dad acting like that all of a sudden

There are a lot of reasons to dislike Mashuu. He basically tramples on Ogata's feelings for one. No, he does not need to reciprocate her feelings, but he now indisputably knows her feelings for him and shows almost complete indifference. He gives a passing thought to them, and then he goes on his way, acting like it doesn't affect him, that it isn't all that important. This is the obvious stuff.

But that shows the problem with Mashuu. I would actually point out the scene in the cafe where the two are studying. Satoko says she talked to Mashuu's dad. Then Mashuu says it is his responsibility to talk to his father. Uh, no. It is not Mashuu's responsibility. Yes, Mashuu's perspective would be very helpful in the situation. No, it is not his responsibility. The issue is between the guardian and the outsider, between the father and Satoko. Mashuu's primary and overriding concern is to make sure he gets to spend time with Satoko. He does not care about who feels wronged or who may be hurt. He only cares about being with Satoko. It's a particular kind of selfishness and self-conceit.

I probably sound super critical, but I recognize that he is a child and is not that mature. But then that needs to be emphasized, that he's not actually mature.

Double-page supporter
Being Ogata is suffering.

Also idk how I feel about the jersey. Like, it's proper etiquette to not wear a jersey on a date(?), but like, the clothes they chose for Mashuu's so old fashioned lol.

@comeonnow Well, I don't know what else he's supposed to do about Ogata. There's no way to respond if they haven't told you. Saying "hey I know you like me" is rude. Saying "sorry I don't think of you that way" is rude. Even if he "considers" her feelings, he still likes Satoko, so the outcome would be no different.

That's my opinion anyways. But you are entitled to yours as well, as always. Thanks for reading.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel bad for Ogata, but right now I don't feel that much for her as a character. So far she's been quite passive about everything around her, it's almost as if she's just a lens through which we, the viewers, can see another perspective of Mashuu's life. I hope she gets more character development after this chapter's heartbreaking realization.
Also, thanks to @iamrangerbob for pointing out Shiikawa's new glasses! He definitely looks different.

@iamrangerbob He uses the clothes that she picked out for him to go on basically a date with Satoko. He announced that he is going to use these clothes for his date tomorrow. It's similar to rubbing it in her face.

Let's give him all the benefit of the doubt. He doesn't know Ogata picked the clothes. He still was more concerned with tomorrow's plans than he was concerned with him actually hanging out with his old classmates while he's in the middle of hanging out with them. Imagine if you were hanging out with someone who was more worried about tomorrow's plans than actually hanging out with you right now. That's at least a little rude.

The alternative is for him to make an honest effort to spend time with them. He made a commitment to do so, so he should actually follow through. This is just a few steps ahead of how he straight ditched their Christmas party last year.

Thanks for the chapter! Damn I`m sorry Ogata but I still don`t want you to be endgame, I`m sorry

Users who are viewing this thread