Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Black and White

Group Leader
IMHO for now Satoko should put some distances from Mashuu since everybody would pretty much be like Nao if they continue... But yah currently he's like, her only life support and it'll hurt them both 😓

Dex-chan lover
I like Ogata’s character but mannn do I freaking hate when stories do this. I hate it when characters go to their “love rival” and declare “well I like them more!” or something like that. It completely disregards the feelings of the the actual love interest and makes it seem like that character cares more about their own feelings than the person they’re supposedly “in love” with

Ogata is really a kid in the end. All this talk of 'black and white' is exactly what this manga is about, that you can't have right or wrong and it is often just as ambiguous as Satoko's words. This chapter is great because it portrays frustration teens go through when they grow older. Sooner or later Ogata had to face this shit, and she wasn't ready obviosuly. Tho very few are.
By the way, what's with your hands, translator-san? I hope it'll be fine 😘

@iamarock I'm alright. I use my hands a lot at work and I'm getting some carpal tunnel symptoms, so I'm using a wrist brace for now. But I only have one chapter left to type out, and then I have time off at work too :)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you! Thank you!!! Oh GOD YES!!!!!! WE GOT AN ANSWER!!! But this whole 'talk' thing has me a little worried.... Bet the writer will make her eat her own words...

This chapter killed me! It was so gooooood! Thanks so much for your work and speed ahahaha lots of hugs for you both ❤

Fed-Kun's army
Ever since I saw the raws I really wanted to know what exactly went down in this chapter. Thanks a lot for translating this.

Now imagine if Mashuu's father overhead that conversation.

Thanks for the translation! GODDAMN sorry Ogata but due to this conversation you have lost whatever motivation I had on cheering on for you which was ZERO BUT I still pity for you, God goodluck with that conversation Mashuu.

Dex-chan lover
@iamrangerbob Take that shit seriously, man. My wife got bad carpal tunnel years ago from some work stuff, ended up having to get surgery on her hand/wrist, and because of some weird shit that happened with the cast her arm has never been the same. So do what it takes to improve that work situation, or rest it, or whatever--don't half-ass it or you may well regret it.

I really like it when the two characters suddenly switched the color of their clothes to black and white and return to their original clothes when the lady confirms the statement. It's so metaphoric.

Users who are viewing this thread