Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Black and White

@Tkipani so true! I agree, just because you think you like/love Mashuu "more" doesn't mean you can invalidate Satoko's feelings... I hope Satoko won't be discouraged.

Thank you so much for your efforts. 💖 I hope your hands recover.

This is it, WERE GOING HOME BOYS.
I hope Ogata doesnt do something awful after this out of spite, I can see it happening though, I just dont want it to. She didnt deserve this either.
Her saying "liked" in past tense, does that mean her feelings for Mashuu changed? Is she giving up?

Double-page supporter
The author is seriously a really good writer. And I'm all aboard the "wrong choice" that is Satoko and Mashuu. Hope Ogata grows from this and not turn into a little b that's gonna ruin things.

Also don't hurt your hands guys 😂 and thanks for the chapter

i want to see both Ogata and Satoko deepen their relationship more with Mashuu... i also want to know more about these two, and how their feelings for Mashuu change. if Mashuu does end up with one of them, i hope that the other will end up happy as well.

p.s: where dafuq is the anime for this!? they should get this manga animated! jkjk

Thank you Daphie and Nakain ♡♡♡ dream team!

My thoughts on this chap

1. Rion is so suspicious and catty aghhh why did Ogata tell her. I know she's just a teenager but I get the feeling she could stir up some nasty drama. The subtleties of the main and even minor relationships in this manga are just so amazing – at first, it's just some minor quirk of a character that we get in passing and eventually we see consequences. Just like the comments Satoko's mom made. Rion was so pushy earlier and eventually Ogata told her off, and now in that panel with Ogata crying, I read that flush on her face as guilt/remorse. Though I'm probably reading into it too much lol.

2. I ADORE the themes woven throughout the chapter - parent and child (chap 32), now black and white. The storytelling is just so incredibly graceful, and wow it keeps getting better and better.

3. Ogata realizing how the Mashuu she knows is made up of pieces of Satoko makes me think of how Mashuu's dad kept seeing his mother in him at the grocery store. It's like a parallel of Satoko as a mother figure. And a more obvious parallel - her haircut even matches.

Everything Mashuu is is in some way shaped by Satoko and that's so beautifully sad and also quite scary? He adores and loves her with his whole heart but he's just a kid with his whole life ahead of him yet all he can see is her. I'm so conflicted over this, damn good writing.

Fed-Kun's army
I am so surprised that Ogata called Satoko to confront her, which honestly is such a teen thing to but I'm more surprised Satoko told her likes him.
I hope Ogata does not do something drastic, after all nothing scarier than a woman scorned.
The chapter is so well done with all the contrast between looks, characters and decisions.

Why is there a need to make everyone around you happy and always in a way that they would prefer? What about one's feelings?

Fed-Kun's army
The paneling and the parallels were so well done this chapter, absolutely loved it. Also, hope TL is okay, sounds like something that should be checked out ASAP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread