Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 41 - I

Dex-chan lover
@ilaya @iamrangerbob I think the idea is the temperature-taking focuses her on the moment so if only for just then, she's thinking just about right now, taking the temperature, and not about all her worries and insecurities. A rather pathetic moment of security, or at least of emotional security, ironically achieved by worrying about her physical health.

I need so many more chapters! I hope TL’s wrist improves and their health is good.

@purplelibraryguy yeah, that's what I figured. It's just that I have a hard time seeing someone going "hmmm, I'm stressed. Oh, I know, I'll buy a thermometer!"

Like, maybe if you already had one and it became a nervous habit that would make more sense. But she bought it specifically for that purpose.

Group Leader
thanks for the appreciation everyone who commented! i'm happy to see this chapter's been a catalyst for many of you!!! I'm also quite disappointed that it's ending... I was hoping for more Mashuu and Satoko... At least next chapter is with the both of them, so I can at least say that much...

Thank you so much for the update!! And please take all the time you need, your work is always top notch!!
I was kind of lost at the beginning but after a while everything made sense and by the end, as you understood her actions and her pain I loved the chapter. Specially the part where she explained why love scares her, growing up with divorced parents just really puts that into perspective. I'm sad to know this is ending, but I sure did enjoy the ride.

@Purplelibraryguy More or less, yeah. I love your comments that you leave on old-school shoujo. Your recommendations make me want to read whichever manga's comment thread I see you on :) <3

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter. I think it takes a few reads for it to sink in and to get maximum impact. Especially since events of the previous chapters are equally significant. Although I can't wait to gain closure and understand Mashuu's intentions, it won't matter any less if the ending is ambiguous. That's life and besides the author already revealed quite poignantly through Nao's realisation that the world is not only black and white.
This story for all its possible endings is fantastic for exploring a controversial theme and treating it with the sensitivity it deserves. Contrast it with Masume no Tomodachi and how the shit has hit the proverbial fan big time. The jury is still out on how that one will end. 🤒
Forbidden love as a theme is a gift to manga that keeps on giving.

Double-page supporter
Omg im gonna miss this story and the amazing art. Also what a chapter seeing Satoko finally embracing all her selves

Feels a bit too abrupt to only end in two chapters

Like last chapter it felt a bit forced for ogata to give up last chapter

Really nervous how this will conclude

@areticentreader are you sure this isnt meant to be a romance because the authors clearly hinted romantic feelings from the two

@Starbright well as far as I know, the author did say that in an interview, but she could have changed her mind since then because I think the interview was a year or two ago. or maybe they will kinda reach a weird romance-y stage but then stop, idk

My heart is so not ready for this to end. Thanks so much for all the translation work, Daphie!

Users who are viewing this thread