Watashi no Shounen - Vol. 9 Ch. 43 - Life goes on...

Fed-Kun's army
I kept putting it off reading it, until I thought to myself nothing will actually happen. Then when I read it that's exactly what happened.

Though truth be told, given their circumstances, I'm not sure what kind of ending would've worked either. Hence, I think its an okay open ending.

Power Uploader
@gmanhunt agreed — this series had a great start but after the time skip the quality dropped.

It would have been better if it ended with Satoko being forced to transfer and ending on an epilogue scene years later when they run into each other again.

I couldn't believe me eyes when I saw the update. The final chapter. I really can't express how much I was waiting for this.

Thank you everyone who worked on this manga's translation. Someday I would love to own the physical edition of this wonderful manga and experience it all over again. This was beautiful.

I stared at each page for at least 15 seconds each as it finally sunk in that this manga is over.. :(
My emotions are probably too exaggerated but my hands are kinda shaking.. this is the first time I've ever like a manga this much.
I was really waiting for this.
I'm just gonna sit in a corner and cry :")
Thank you Daphie.

I told myself I wasn't going to cry ... I lied to myself.

Thanks for translating this wonderful manga, Daphie. I really enjoyed it.

@poppyayay thanks, I've actually read that one too and I do love it. (I didn't put it in the recs cause it has a very different tone from WnS) Raws have been on hiatus for months though D:

A similar one to that is https://mangadex.org/title/36995/the-troubles-of-a-fortune-teller though I think yankee shota is better written

The way my heart sank and braced myself when i saw END.. Thank you so much for this 😭🙏

Thank you. Thank you so much. Its been a long journey. I was scared to read the ending. Idk and cant predict what will happen to them at the end. Glad to know its an open ending.

ahhhh this is literally one of my favorite manga, thanks for translating!

i do feel like the ending was pretty anticlimactic, but i also feel like the story was meant to help Satoko and Mashuu through their own issues and also help them figure out what theymir relationship was. it seems like they've managed to do or start both of these so I'm pretty satisfied!

if anyone is looking for a manga that has a similar flow, i recommend https://mangadex.org/manga/35217/
i feel like a lot of the imagery and atmosphere in Ikoku Nikki is very similar to this, even if the themes it deals with aren't

I really enjoyed reading this manga!! Thank you sooo much for your hard work 🥺🙏🏻💛💛💛💛💛💛

Group Leader
Thanks very much for an excellent translation. I will re read this again from start to finish as the impact will surely be greater and more poignant.
Fantastic effort.

A bit of a "whomp whomp" ending. I don't know what I was expecting tbh but maybe something a little more definitive overall. BTW those are some of the best looking background characters i've ever seen.

Dex-chan lover
This manga has meant so much to me all this time and i'm just bawling at this beautiful ending.

I'm not really sad or dissatisfied that it ended or with that ending, i'm glad to see their journey of healing each other, expanding each other's worlds but still being a part of each other's worlds finally reach a point where they can both be happy and have meaning but also have each other and everything that comes with that.

Watashi no Shounen has been a constant part of my life for years now, it's brightened my time with it and helped my process, understand and get through a lot of turmoil, i've learned alongside Mashuu and Satoko, they've calmed me down, spurred me into action and even cried alongside me.
I will miss them dearly but in a way i'll be carrying them with me, i have been until now and an ending doesn't erase the meaning they have, it only lets them rest from giving it.

Thank you TLs so much for translating it up until now, i owe you a lot of hugs.

Thank you Takano Hitomi for this beautiful story that i couldn't rightfully give any complaint about.

Thank you, Satoko and Mashuu, goodbye ❤️

Group Leader
Man I was expecting this to go the Usagi Drop route and expecting to be equally disgusted by the ending lol.
It kinda did kinda didn't. So I guess I can be only mildly creeped out by it, but also satisfied with the ambiguous relationship. I still wish they would have shut down that pedo plot line tho and just cemented it as a mother/child type love.

wow so weird to see this story end. thank you a lot for translating!

Dex-chan lover
I'm glad for the ambiguous ending. Though it would have been nice to see all the salt from the bitching if Mashu and Satoko actually became a couple. I wanted it to happen, but if it wouldn't, eh I'd live on. At least this type of ending doesn't try to pander to either side. Those who like it, you're welcome, those who disliked it, but can accept it, I respect, and those who wanna bitch about, go ahead, bitch about it.

Users who are viewing this thread