Watashi no Shounen

An open ending so that people can interpret on their own. Whether it's romantic or not. However, we all know what's the author's goal since the beginning: romance. But yeah, many writers nowadays are being harassed by SJWs; all works have to be limited to their demands. So, it's probably the best for the author to play it safe, avoiding threats. Musume no Tomodachi apparently ended similarly.

Group Leader
@creolur i actually hadn't thought of that before. the SJWs... had to google this too. well i hope the author is safe and sound, she created a helluva good manga here!

Double-page supporter
@princess_daphie I really really appreciate your translation. I haven't felt these emotions since I read Kasane. Thank you so much for your hard work. I love this series so much

Hngg, I don't know how to react about the ending. There are lots of space to improve.

Just finished it big let down of an ending if this was just going to be a slice of life relationship then wished it focused on it throughout the series instead of introducing the romance drama with no payoff.

Sorry about the trouble! No, there's no such thing as an epilogue! Move along, don't mind my ramblings. Fly, you fools.
Then, in the epilogue, they're briefly shown celebrating their aniversary (next to a couple of family photos), setting up a quick flashback showing the moment she decided to take the leap and return his feelings. Then, one final time skip to her, now visibly frail and old, in bed (make it a hospital bed to cut deeper) and as he sits down to talk (no "i love you" or "thank you for the ride") about the"meaningless", everyday goof they did, they'd be shown, similarly to that fantastic train chapter, to be 12 again, as if they saw each other/felt time neither mattered nor had passed at all and just like he say at the end, "no matter who we are, our story will always be ours"

so adorable... loved it sm (even tho itd be so creepy if genders reversed but who cares)

Users who are viewing this thread