Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto desu! - Vol. 14 Ch. 68 - In Order to Be the Younger Sister

Dex-chan lover
Great character development for Kanoko. She's finally stopped asking someone else what she should do and now knows what she wants to do. I think in the moment she saw Sumika crying she thought back to Sumika saying "as long as the person she likes is happy, then she's happy" and realized she doesn't like seeing Sumika unhappy, thus finally reciprocating her feelings (at least on some level). Hard to say if Kanoko startes to have romantic feelings, but I think she has reached the stage where she's ok with earnestly trying out dating for her own interests and not just because Sumika wants it.
Good read of what happened, I was a bit confused whether she has just done that to "please" her but I don't think so now! But I also don't know what to think about this situation. I need 2 more chaptersto see where it goes cause she still loves someone else and it was kinda clear. Kissing someone like that? I don't know in japan, but personally if have feelings for someone else i cant. TLDR: i need more before judging i guess

LET’S GOOOOO SUMIKANOBROS!!!!! idc what anyone says, i’ve loved this arc and relationship since the beginning so this payoff is everything to me. kanoko is finally smiling /only/ at sumika at the end there 🥺

Dex-chan lover
she's not being "kind", she's being manipulative and giving mixed signals.
She's an immature, naive teenager. The conversation between the kitchen team is literally there to make that point as explicit as possible. She's not sending mixed signals on purpose, she outright does not understand her own feelings until she watches Sumika start crying over the reading. Everything before that in the chapter is her just trying to rationalize everything into not being a problem.

Yeah her naivete hurt Sumika, but making mistakes is how you learn. Give her a chance to make things right.

Dex-chan lover
what did she figure out? to string Sumika around and not love her as an lover ? what in fucks havens is this bitch gonna do that she hasn’t already done to make it worst?

is she gonna out of no were stop romantically love hime? or is she gonna be an greddy bitch and demand sumika to be tied to her and STILL love Hime too??
Good god and I just finished reading
Vol 4 of There’s No Freaking Way I’ll be Your Lover LN
and was not a fan of the really awkward and seemingly rushed poly ending there so now you got me worried for this series too. No hate to the poly lovers though, just not my thing...

Also I was really rooting for the Kanoko/Hime pairing since the beginning and honestly would not be satisfied by a Kanoko/Sumika resolution, especially since that "little" sub-plot seemed to be resolved with the last chapter.

Also, god damn Hime was like my favorite character but doesn't it kinda feel like she has been relegated to background character status? What is even the development with her relationship with Yano anyway? I feel like it's been 10,000 years since that was even a plot point. :huh:

Thanks for the translation!

Fed-Kun's army
"Can we move on to Hime and Yano now?"
Nope. We've got at least 2 more chapters of this!

Anyways, as for what I have to say about this chapter.
That kiss encompasses exactly why Kanoko as a character is incredibly frustating and why she's my least favorite character. Spoilers for Chapter 69 below.
So, basically, in Chapter 69, we go back to fucking Square 1, AGAIN. Kanoko reveals in Chapter 69 that while she cannot return Sumika's feelings, she's happy to accept them and happy for Sumika to continue loving her. She even offers to kiss Sumika, although Sumika thinks that would be a bad idea. (What was the point of even kissing Sumika to begin with?!) There's hardly even a sense of closure, because we're effectively going back to the fucking status quo.

Long Story Short, This arc fucking sucks, and just gets worse and worse. Because at this point, it's not even just a case of going on for too long, this arc is at this point just padding itself out. We could've cut the breaks on this several chapters ago. The arc should end after Chapter 70 though, so we're almost there.

Dex-chan lover
if you are not the type to always cry in front of people then it got a throll of you that you can no longer hide it.... basically I want to hug sumika

Dex-chan lover
The fact that it takes Kanoko this long to figure out what love actually is kinda funny. Literally just clicked that Sumika just wants Kanoko to be happy even if it means that she can't be with her, and Kanoko realized at the exact right moment to see Sumika's emotions hit the boiling point as it seeped out of her. No way Kanoko and Sumika don't end up together. Kanoko has pretty much stopped loving Hime the same way that she does Sumika, and it's pretty clear that Sumika didn't want to give up her feelings. Glad we finally got to, what feels like, the climax of the arc.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that it takes Kanoko this long to figure out what love actually is kinda funny. Literally just clicked that Sumika just wants Kanoko to be happy even if it means that she can't be with her, and Kanoko realized at the exact right moment to see Sumika's emotions hit the boiling point as it seeped out of her. No way Kanoko and Sumika don't end up together. Kanoko has pretty much stopped loving Hime the same way that she does Sumika, and it's pretty clear that Sumika didn't want to give up her feelings. Glad we finally got to, what feels like, the climax of the arc.
TBH, I don't even think what she has for Hime was love to begin with. It was always a mixture of self worth issues, rejection complex and teenage angst, all balled up into one giant box of obsession/admiration.

Dex-chan lover
What is with these mfs self sacrificing like crazy? That was dearly needed dog.

Please tell me they'll finally make things clear 😭, shit is still beautiful though 😤

I mean Hime is even more oblivious to love and Kanoko tries to mimic her so it isn't surprising.

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping that was a kiss goodbye and not we are lovers. This is her realizing she is signing off only to be sisters since after this whole arc that feels like a bad ship and instead should be Sumika and Nene
I agree with this to the utmost extreme Nene is best, kanako go eat a bag of dicks.

"Can we move on to Hime and Yano now?"
Nope. We've got at least 2 more chapters of this!

Anyways, as for what I have to say about this chapter.
That kiss encompasses exactly why Kanoko as a character is incredibly frustating and why she's my least favorite character. Spoilers for Chapter 69 below.
So, basically, in Chapter 69, we go back to fucking Square 1, AGAIN. Kanoko reveals in Chapter 69 that while she cannot return Sumika's feelings, she's happy to accept them and happy for Sumika to continue loving her. She even offers to kiss Sumika, although Sumika thinks that would be a bad idea. (What was the point of even kissing Sumika to begin with?!) There's hardly even a sense of closure, because we're effectively going back to the fucking status quo.

Long Story Short, This arc fucking sucks, and just gets worse and worse. Because at this point, it's not even just a case of going on for too long, this arc is at this point just padding itself out. We could've cut the breaks on this several chapters ago. The arc should end after Chapter 70 though, so we're almost there.
I fucking knew it, this girl is irredeemable.

Also, I just came back from rereeding the whole series cause I had forgotten half of the other characters' names. I'd completely forgotten the time when Kanoko slapped Yano and tried to keep hitting her but Sumika held her back. Imagine having to do that to protect your coworker, and then you go and fall for this psycho, who you know also takes hundreds of pictures of her bestie behind her back?? It's so crazy to me.

Users who are viewing this thread