We Shall Now Begin Ethics - Vol. 8 Ch. 39 - Belief

Dex-chan lover
Faith.
Does lack of Faith in ones Religion a rare thing or is it just me?,
I haven't attended a gathering for my Religion for years now because of my lack in Faith
Nowadays I would consider that to be agnosticism. You don't have to go to a gathering to be faithful to your religion but if you don't give much thought or care to your religion then I would say that you are not compatible with said religion and may err on the side of agnosticism or atheism until you find what you're looking for, if you are looking that is.

Dex-chan lover
I am so happy that it got picked up again. Woohoo, this makes my day. Thank u very much.

Religion is always an interesting topic. I never dive deep enough to it tho, and I always poke at it at the surface lvl, while my family is kinda religionist, of course I pissed them off. Lol. Tho, as the chapter written, religion is not bad at all, u take the goodwill from it, practice the good thing and become a better person. If everyone belive in karma and afterlife, and then decide to be a good person, that would be heaven. Of course it's not how it goes.

The issue is:
Borrowing religion as an excuse to do/hide bad action.
Practice religion, but still don't be a nice person.

Only 2 issues, I guess, but this covers almost all issue about religion I could think of. Maybe there is some religions that are bad and outdated, but if people are nice enough, that religion will change. Lol, wishfull thinking.

Dex-chan lover
Faith.
Does lack of Faith in ones Religion a rare thing or is it just me?,
I haven't attended a gathering for my Religion for years now because of my lack in Faith.
Faith is something ethics can never explain nor attain because ethics are founded from myths, as this teacher said.

Dex-chan lover
This should be printed on every single religious text in big bold letters. Because people just aren't getting it.
But if i am not a living martyr being constantly tested by god how will we know that we are going to save our souls? /s

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL, this manga is godlike.
The best philosophy classes I had growing up were taught by a Christian theologian who was really good at positioning beliefs and their evolution as humanity advances.
Now that may be partially different from an “Ethics” class, but it’s always such a rich topic that can be approached through so many angles.

Part of me always gets a bit bummed when all anime/manga ever take from religion is the iconography. Still, Eva was pretty cool nonetheless.

There’s that priest battle shounen manga that at least in the beginning seemed to have some good themes regarding faith.

Dex-chan lover
Etthics back, tell a friend.

Am I the only distracted by Chouno's lack of nose on many of the pages?

Thanks for translating!

Isn't Noah's ark in the old testament. The new testament is mostly related to Jesus.
Is it mistranslated or a mistake of the author?

Group Leader
Isn't Noah's ark in the old testament. The new testament is mostly related to Jesus.
Is it mistranslated or a mistake of the author?
Ah, my hands typed faster than my brain translated. It is the old testament, thank you for catching that. Fixed it

Users who are viewing this thread