Webtoon Mobile Scroll to Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I looked through the planned suggestions, and I don’t think I saw this.

I was really hoping there is an option to move the jump to top button on webtoons for mobile to the left or just remove it altogether, cause I scroll with my right thumb, and I always hit it.

Double-page supporter
Greetings.

I represent the "Suggestion to close the Suggestions forums" initiative. Thank you for making a suggestion.
Although your suggestion is somehow fresh, similar issue was addressed before (see below). Thus, I invoke my authority to count it as a vote towards the "Suggestion to close the Suggestions forums."
You don't have to do anything and you cannot be excused from participating in our initiative.

Thank you for your contribution and have a nice day.

previous suggestion:
--- Can we make this button smaller for mobile version?
In the sticky: no

Sorry, I’m like new to this, so I don’t quite understand what Suggestion to close the Suggestions forum is but...

I read through that forum, and I still think that having an option to jump remove it in settings would be very nice, and something to think about.

Dex-chan lover
@Judecator the suggestion to close the suggestions forum was made because people keep asking the same questions (hence Halo pointing the respondent of where this question has been asked before), clicking the link to the suggestion someone else made brought me to a comment by teasday (dev):
The button only shows up when you scroll upwards a bit, and it only activates if you deliberately press it (as opposed to something like starting a scroll while over it), so I'm a bit confused about this being an actual issue. I don't remember it ever happening to me accidentally.

Making the button smaller won't fix the issue if you're using your right thumb to scroll, because you'll just hit it anyway. I guess I could add an option to pick its position, but that seems a bit silly for such a minor change.

Code:
[someone else's comment] posted: "I agree with this. I always just randomly go up a couple of pages whenever I read on phone."

This sounds less like you're accidentally hitting the "go to top" button and more like you'd want the "turn page in long strip mode" disabled.

tldr: something's not right if you are somehow hitting the button randomly, because it's hard to do. and what you are experiencing might be more related to the second comment: disable turn page in long strip mode

EDIT: to disable it, you need to turn on "advanced settings" in the reader settings, then scroll down to find the option

Double-page supporter
I'm trying to close the Suggestions section of the forums by showing that nothing is new under the sticky.

As for the option, I don't have an opinion. As stated in that other thread, the jump button is only visible when scrolling up, which makes it disabled most of the time anyway.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo I have a feeling it's the disable turn page in long strip mode, because i've dealt with weird jumping on mobile as well, and that settings fixed the problem. Also you are doing a great job, when should I suggest to close the suggestion forum?

@JJTheWeeb I see about the close now.

I understand that you have to scroll up to see the scroll to top, but the thing is I do scroll up on purpose though. Quite often I just want to look at something above again, and it sends me to the top because my thumb is at the bottom right. Everytime I try to scroll up one page or so, I end up at the very top, and I’d just appreciate it being on the left side or disabled if possible really. I don’t like looking at webtoons in non longstrip format either unfortunately.

It’s just that changing it to non longstrip format seems more like a work around to a solution that would be nice to have. I understand it’s a minor change, but just one that I think a good chunk of people would appreciate.

Dex-chan lover
@Judecator did you try turning off turn page on long strip mode? what i often found was that i was swiping left, which would turn the page left. because some uploaders upload very long strips, swiping left brought me back up all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread