Welcome to Japan, Elf-san! - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - It's French, Ms. Elf

agree that some parts are a little jarring, but am way more happy that this is being continued even by another chapter

Dex-chan lover
"The French thing is going to be the end of the line, right? If I eat anymore, I'm going to have to do something about it."
should be "This is the last dish of this so called French cuisine, right? If there's more of it, I don't know what will happen to me." "Well, there's two more of them and then we're done"

"You guys are together, right?" 付き合ってるんでしょう?
"Tsukiatte" in this case means dating. So it simply means "You guys are dating, right?"

"really... still... you guys have it wrong!" is a very wrong translation since you put it out of context from the previous bubble
本当に・・・まだ・・・手を・・・握ったくらいで・・・
"Really... we're only... at most... holding hands..."
私たちにもああいう時期あったかしら? "...Have we reached that stage?"
いやぁないなあ "No, I don't think so."

Edit: I'm sorry I misread, it should be the buff husband asking his wife "Did we ever gone trough similar situation like that?" Refering to Kazuhiho's denial, and the glasses wife answered "Nope, I don't think we ever have." While miss elf just want more bread...

Group Leader
"You don't drink coffee anymore?" should be "Are you done with your coffee?"

Aggregator gang
"We've only done as much as held hands"
Grammar aside, I'm pretty sure sleeping together counts as ahead of holding hands!

Group Leader
@caenlim don't worry, we're working on it. Whipped up the translator again, I had to find another translator recently since the one who used to do this series has been extremely busy for the past few months with school and whatnot. Should come out tomorrow if all goes well, since we had most of the chapter already done (and prep work done for future chapters). Only issue is that I start school soon, hopefully we can maintain a constant schedule once releases get going.

Group Leader
@MarvN thanks for picking up the series again! i was worried that people would have to sift through my scans for a while until you guys came back to it

Double-page supporter
@Bevinsky Yea, there were a couple places in the current one where I'm not sure the right pronoun was used. But there were multiple places before the reupload where it was very obvious the wrong pronoun had been used, and those places have been fixed.

one of the better MTL out there
Thanks for picking this up
That modified speech bubble is a little detail that deserve a thumbs up
Now I'm imagining that they speak in Gaelic

@apathist You switch between the spellings "Arirai" and "Alilai" on pages 2 and 3. Best if you pick one.

p.3: "He's getting more and more human, and someday he's gonna have to take his ears off." This makes no sense in context. I didn't check the raws, but I think she's referring to herself. So maybe, "I'm getting more and more human, and someday I'm gonna have to take my ears off."

Fed-Kun's army
Ahh! Nice to see more chapters of this. Very nice. Thank you, translators!

Users who are viewing this thread