What are you watching in Summer 2019?

Dex-chan lover
Watching:
Maou-sama Retry
(Edit: WHY THE HECK THEY CHANGE CHARACTER DESIGNS!?!?)
isekai with mom (if it gets too ridiculous, maybe will drop)
Tejina-senpai (lenny face)
Arifureta
Maybe I'll watch:
Jikkyouchuu (hope it's good)
Dr. Stone (hope it doesn't disappoint)
Enen no Shouboutai (good'ol shounen)
Takagi-san 2 (not yet season 1)
Dumbbell (Wanna see how ecchi it can get)
Toaru Accelerator (not yet watch any of the series lol)
Isekai cheat magician (ironically wanna watch it and see how bad/stupid it can get)
Uchi no musume (hopefully wholesome)
Danmachi 2 (not yet finished season1 lol)
the anime that have "hentai" in its title (lenny face)
Leftovers:
Carole&Tuesday

@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN
WAIT A FKING SECOND!!! "BEM"!!? THAT OLD ANIME?!!?? IS IT A REMAKE OR A SEQUEL??
Edit: It's a remake

"Granbelm" hey, is this the one who drew Re:Zero LN?

I just watched the first 2 episode of Dr. stone and it was better than I thought it would be and it is pretty enjoyable.

The totally bombed Maou retry (especially that hair.... I don't know why I cant get over it.... The face isn't as sharp as in the manga either.)
They also bombed Arifureta too.... You had one job animators, one job...

Dex-chan lover
@ABCsOFLife
@nedmak

Watching a bunch of series this summer so I’ll list later. But If anything, Mao retry and Arifureta seemed lackluster. I’ll give it a few more eps to see if they make it better. But oh well. Sometimes animation makes a good series become stale.

IMO the isekai mom wasn’t bad. Most stuff this summer I read so, I’m just wanting to see how they adapted.

Btw @Katoshuu are you watching kimetsu no Yaiba

Dex-chan lover
@Xzayer no I mean like, did the animation really bother people that much rather than the weird pacing?

Edit:
Cos, animation wise.. I think Maou-sama Retry did worse than Arifureta which is not okay but just average..
5.7/10 scale animation wise for Arifureta.

Dex-chan lover
@ABCsOfLife

I would say pacing did play a role with how some were disappointed with it. But I also mentioned animation as when different companies direct /animate a series it can make ore break a series. But with it being 12 episodes I guess that’s why they did it that way. IMO I felt that it could have been more fleshed out.

Dex-chan lover
@Xzayer
Kimetsu no Yaiba is still on my "I'm going to watch it later" list, so many animes that I missed. I heard so many great things about it. Especially the fight/action scenes. Breathtaking

Dex-chan lover
I'm just watching Cop Craft and Useless High School Girls, maybe sounan desu ka?, Since it's just ten minutes.

@ABCsOfLife

I just watch the first two episodes of Fire Force and it was amazing. I would say out of the five new anime I have seen so far this season this one had me feeling the most good after viewing it. Also the animation like you said was good, especially during the action scenes.

YES (unless there's disappointment further down the line like Tate Yuusha):
Dumbbell
JK Mudazukai
Sounan desu ka
Tejina
UchiMusume
DanMachi 2 (whenever I finish its S1; already caught up with the LN)

MAYBE:
Kanata no Astra
Cop Craft (just checked the description)
Kemono-tachi e
Enen no Shouboutai (Soul Eater mangaka with David Production? 👀)
2-hit Mom (will be checking 1st episode today and see how JC Staff is doing visually)

FUCK RIGHT OFF:
a special category, for the one and only...
Maou-sama Retry
My season ruined, my disappointment immeasurable.
Warnings in advance regarding which of these I should steer clear of is much appreciated.

For now, just Tejina-Senpai, but that's just because it and takagi are the only ones I know a lot about. I'm waiting until more of takagi to come out to watch it. Most of them aren't anything I've even heard of.

Would you be willing to give some of the newer anime you never heard of before a chance, goodie-bag, or no for whatever reason?

Also, I am to waiting to see if season 2 of Teasing Master Takagi-san would be made available outside of Japan. I would like to see season 2.

Staff
Admin
Now that I've had time to drop the crap:

Araburu Kisetsu no Otome-domo yo. - Probably my pick of the season. Good characters and some amusing going ons.
UchiMusume - Anyone not watching this is evil.
DanMachi S2 - Had to watch this. Got to love Lily's boobs on her small frame, and Hestia!
HenSuki - Good so far, hoping for some imouto action soon though.
Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou - CGI is a bit meh, and pacing seems a bit weird, but still good.
Isekai Cheat Magician - Obligatory isekai watching.
Kanata no Astra - Funi is making me keep watching this. Yummy!
Toaru Kagaku no Accelerator - Watched every other series in this franchise... Index is a bit of a mess though. This seems better.
Maou-sama, Retry! - Started off well, slowly going downhill. Will give it a few more eps.
Sounan desu ka - Don't normally watch shorts, but this one seems okay, so I am.

Ongoing stuff:

Boruto
Fairy Tail
Black Clover
Kimetsu no Yaiba

Group Leader
@may_lily the war of VOD is coming, so Netflix will keep takagi (especially S2) only for them and don't worry if they are the main licensor of the show they will put it up worldwide especially NA.

By the way Isekai Cheat Magician preview is kinda like anime version of Avatar series opening theme.

@sastrathebest

What does VOD even stand for?

Also, you are right in that there is a good chance season 2 of Teasing Master Takagi-San will be made available to stream in the United States. However with the anime being handle by netflix, I am uncertain if the show is going to get a home video release down the road. That is what matters most to me. Well thankfully it would seem someone or a group of people manage to be translating the second season so those who care can watch it. However I have not gotten around to watching it yet.

As for Isekai Cheat Magician, I have been meaning to give the anime a try, but I cannot seem to get around to it.

Group Leader
Well I'm not sure about home release though, VOD stands for Video on Demand and should note that Disney will release their own service called Disney+ and Warner will release their own service called HBO Max. Better late than never I assume, lol. @may_lily

Group Leader
Cop Craft
Fire Force
Carole and Tuesday
Vinland Saga

Rewatching
Hakumei&Mikochi
ACCA-13
Lupin III Part V

Users who are viewing this thread