What got you into reading manga?

What got you into reading manga?

• I read manga for as long as I can remember.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I wanted to know the ending of an anime

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • My friend/family recommended it to me

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • I had nothing better to do

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if there's a thread on this already but I've always been curious.
In a society that is apprehensive of this form of art, whether it be viewed as 'childish' or 'adult' content. How did you come to love it?

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I wanted to see the difference between the youjo senki anime, manga and lightnovel and now i have 38 tabs open.

Dex-chan lover
The reason unknown,
this one simply kept reading.
My unending quest.
Ad-Nauseam-MtG-Art.jpg

Dex-chan lover
the same reason why one read a novel/magazine 🤷
its a form of entertainment and some grew up with it.
Tl868AY.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I voted "wanted to know the ending of an anime" without thinking the manga of that anime is still ongoing btw ;_; but actually before that one I read some of PokéSpe cuz I was a hardcore Pokémon fan.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@solstice258
Huh, i did the same, i actually read the Pocket monsters manga before watching youjo senki, so that is the true reason i read.

When I was a kid I bought a manga cuz...I saw a manga book and it's like calling to me saying to me "buy me"...

So I bought it then then it snowballed

Also I aleardy watch a bunch of anime that time

And the reason why I started watching anime is...
Televisions and my parents just really liked buying me anime dvds

I think most of us will go with the anime option.
When I started watching anime, I didnt even know mangas existed.

I live in a country where it was incredebly impossible to read or watch any form of entertainment other than what our country wants us to watch. so my relative who worked in shiping gave me some posters that had Mazinger Z on them and i got curious about it so later he bought me a comic book from abroad that contained weird looking cartoon i didn't know what was written on them i just enjoyed the pictures and well years later internet bacame avaliable and then found out that it wasn't "cartoon" it was called manga and anime, and was written in japanese.
a long story, truly.

Supporter
I had nothing better to do so when I noticed they had a couple of volumes of comics (lol) at my local library I picked one up and read it. Turned out to be Berserk from that day on I quickly got engrossed into this world and learned the difference between western comics and manga.

Aggregator gang
I have a thing against watching the same thing twice so I started reading the manga/s of my favorite anime so that I was technically experiencing something new. I soon learned that manga was much better than anime for several reasons and now I barely watch anime.

i enjoy anime more than manga overall but still gulp down everything i see kinda sad actually.

Users who are viewing this thread