What is the status on RSS news feeds?

Dex-chan lover
The last of the old board to happen. Or did it happen? I don't see links for the feed(s).

RSS is so 90's. But I like it.

Upvote 2
Contributor
Anything that was on the old site will eventually be reimplemented. Quality of life features, such as RSS, are the lowest priority.

Dex-chan lover
eventually be reimplemented.
I can't remember a single old board feature still needing to be re implemented. I agree it's a lowest priority. But I like it to be informed of good stuff I am watching. Not everything I watch needs immediate attention. Solo leveling was one of those phenomenon's, I always wanted to view, ASAP. Mairimashita! Iruma-kun IMHO is one of the few worth while to me.

୧⍢⃝୨
Staff
Super Moderator
I can't remember a single old board feature still needing to be re implemented.
Aside from RSS, view count of titles, chapters, and groups are still missing. We have a larger volume of people asking for those, so that's the next big thing devs are working on.

Dex-chan lover
Aside from RSS, view count of titles, chapters, and groups are still missing.
Ok, the more knowledge you collect the more power you have. BwaaHaaHaa, I am now more powerful.

Dex-chan lover
Aside from RSS, view count of titles, chapters, and groups are still missing. We have a larger volume of people asking for those, so that's the next big thing devs are working on.
+1 for can has RSS pllssssss. :win:

Dex-chan lover
@shwiftyshfifty @kirbo
I concur too, but other things are not finished yet. (they are working on it). As told by devs, RSS wil most likely be last thing done. RSS is ancient, just like IRC. Both are throws backs to the BBS and text message boards days.

RSS up and running is no small en devour.

@shwiftyshfifty @kirbo
I concur too, but other things are not finished yet. (they are working on it). As told by devs, RSS wil most likely be last thing done. RSS is ancient, just like IRC. Both are throws backs to the BBS and text message boards days.

RSS up and running is no small en devour.

Depending on the implementation (https://mangadex.dev/mangadex-v5-infrastructure-overview/) , the feed page is a dump of SQL table stuff. All you need to do is parse the last 25 feed items into a very basic xml (https://www.w3schools.com/xml/xml_rss.asp) and in the user info tables attach rss file path for each user. which you can link to on the profile or something. Obviously make it so that the file path is pseudo random to stop people like, sequentially going through feeds. At least thats how I'd do it on a small scale server. I know that they're not really dealing with that and security is top priority. But like, stop acting like this shit is hard. Now, how a server acts to having to update 60,000 rss feeds cause a popular manga drops would be interesting however its already kind of already tasking the server every time somebody checks their update page cause its asking for new stuff.

My apologies for the rant, I'm sure the devs could do it in 3 days + code review + qa. But yeah they prioritizing other, much harder stuff but not soley like incrementing a counter or two on a page click or on the flag of a manga closing (just with catching duplicates from the same users).

Users who are viewing this thread