What It Means to Be You - Ch. 6

no becwuse i fucking despise the ml what the hell is wrong with him

Kie

Contributor
I cried out of frustration and empathy for her. Wondering if someone (anyone) will be at your funeral at all is just... That's when you're at the lowest of your low, and to have that shit invalidated by some trash who tries to use his own past trauma as a way of delegitimizing yours? God, it isn't a zero-sum game, just because you suffered doesn't mean the other person hasn't as well. Fuck this guy, honestly.

So basically, winter said "You wont tell me? Fine! Im going to slam the table, get mad at you, and throw a fucking tantrum! :mad:(" I tried to sympathize with him, but i've had ENOUGH! This guy is absolutely ice cold and compares his past with her! At least try to tell her whats going on?? Like dafuq?? Is he so dumb he can't figure out what the fuq's happenning??

ML temper is a problem but... she is coldly testing him by asking that. Yes, she is depressed but he isn't a mental doctor and him too has his wounds.
He lived a more difficult life than her yet people in the comments only see her just because she shows her sadness.

@Aslinn You have a point. It is cold to test him with such a sensitive topic. However, think about it from another perspective. She was raised as a noble, so her methods of communication were bound to be screwed. She probably learned to weaponize her feelings and situation, no matter how awful, and use them to her advantage. Not even taking that into account, the reason she asked him about such a sensitive topic is to see how he will treat her in the future. Maybe her thoughts were something like this:

If he supports me, even a little, and tries to help me, then this relationship might be worth it.
If he shuts me down again, I should never expect anything from him again.

The male lead's past probably contributes a lot to his temper and problems, but that doesn't excuse it. It's hard for me to feel empathy for someone who should be able to at least sympathize with the suffering of others. Invalidating another person's suicidal feelings or depression is never okay, even if you suffered more. Yes, he isn't a mental doctor, but one should at least have the decency to attempt to listen, right?

Of course, that's just my opinion on this series. I'm team FL all the way, and it'll be really hard to see ML in a better light, so I'm looking forward to what this author will come up with. I'm not trying to fight, I'm just looking for a discussion.

Contributor
At this point they should just switch forever since our firm is happier that way

Aggregator gang
Yes, you struggled and no one (atleast not Violet) is invalidating that but other people can have struggles too y'know

I dislike his whole mentality. Yes trauma and experiences can cause depression and suicide, but there are people with perfectly normal lives whose mind is a living hell.

Users who are viewing this thread