What It Means to Be You - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
Damn, look at this amount of angst. It's over 9000.

But honestly, I wonder where the clothes has gone. He buys it for his wife and even he wondered why she likes plain clothes. Someone has been stealin.

Fed-Kun's army
reading this is just me alternating between this 2 moods
moomin.jpg

Holy crap Winter, it’s not the Oppression Olympics. You don’t get a medal for going through the worst shite. Friggin’ GET HIM GURL.

The misunderstanding and lack of communication between them is hurting my heart. This chapter hurts, applause to author and translator for bringing out the emotion of what the characters feel....maaan.

Listen mister. Just because you went through some very difficult shit, it does not allow you to belittle other people's difficulties. The burden and emotional stress that could bring someone to the point of despair can differ from person to another. You went through a lot and I acknowledge that, I also hope you start living without being followed by your past; however, I hope you can try to understand those with different circumstances and take into consideration that not everyone is like you and that they can be hurt by the fact that they are left alone and neglected.

Dex-chan lover
So, Shitboot clearly has some unresolved trauma, but his absolute lack of empathy or patience is disconcerting. i can in some ways understand and accept the former, but the latter doesn't make much sense to me. Then, again, apparently his primary "negotiating" tactic is to act out violently, so....

And he did ask her to tell him what's bothering her, so she did - in a way that would get his attention.

I’m crying so hard 😭😭😭😭 poor little joy, I hope he can understand her! Yes, she doesn’t live a “harsh life” materialistically speaking, but it’s still completely empty of love, sympathy, any kind of affection 😢

Once again, I have to ask myself how that guy gets any Business done if he is THIS inept when it comes to social interaction and his only reaction to everything but agreeing with him is immidiate extreme anger.

Yeah sure there is definitely an outside force interfering, since the first doctor was just straight-up lying about her medical condition and the presents he sents also seem to dissappear somewhere along the way, but all of that is only a problem because he doesn't give a shit about how she's doing and doesn't bother to Check either. He's just an extreme ass.

Well, I kind of understand why would Winter acts the way he is to her
I know someone close to me who's abused and neglected all throughout his childhood and even if he turns out to be a decent human being sometimes he's often lacking sympathy because he thinks that what others have been through is nothing to compare with what he's been experiencing, and he's also having trouble controlling his temper quite a lot, often did the same worst things to others. And he never get any treatment for it that's why I think the trauma is still there haunting him. So yeah I can somehow sympathize with ML here.. don't @ me I'm just saying from my own experience 🙌
That's why I think the switching bodies will eventually make him realize other's pain and struggles, hopefully it'll also change his perspective towards his wife and soften his rough personality

I think this is my new favorite 😍 so much angst and misunderstanding I hope they can resolve and become a stronger couple 🥺 3 years is so long though... I hope he finally backs her up

Mr winter it's not a fcking contest about who had the most miserable life lmao like im sorry about what you went through but ur still gonna catch these hands

Um, you might want to double-check whose father they were talking about. The princess' father died (I think they told us in ch1), so I think it's about Winter's father. It's possible, because in lots of cultures you call your spouse's parents "father" and "mother" or some sort of variant of these.

Ah yes, classic "ignore the mental and emotional abuse because you can't see physical evidence", how lovely. I'm so frustrated by Winter, because if only he would just shut up for a moment and listen and not be busy buried in his own little word... things might've turned out differently.
As for the dresses, I have my suspicion that the duchess has intercepted the dresses and using them, and that's why they've never reached our MC.

Users who are viewing this thread