What Kind of Empress Is This?

I think people are being too harsh.

Her life may not have been perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it was her life.

In this world she must be careful every second for fear of possibly dying in a gruesome manner. In a world just out of war and people constantly watching her... That's a lot. And without ANY modern amenities.

While the ML is great and I love the depth we're seeing... he still can kill people if they piss him off or they're a threat in anyway to his position and kingdom. That is some scary stuff lol.

This last chapter was the sweetest. I love the dynamic between both main characters 😊

tbh, i think the fl isn’t suited for the emperor nor is he suited for her. and because of that, despite her actions being justified, it makes the story frustrating. given i’m certain both her and the emperor will change but it’s a bit cruel when you think about everything she has to go through to get to that point. expecting her to heal someone she’s terrified doesn’t seem fair. regardless, thank you for another translated chapter!

the emperor deserves better fl lmao why does she want to go back to that call center tho???? like she’s now an empress she can rule the empire and not being emotional abused with her customers. tho of course we can feel that she missed her world but damn as the story goes by she’s just idk not suitable for the emperor.

honestly I thought this would be just a typical story with one dimensional characters, but I quickly fell in love with the frustrating, but vulnerable flaws that are slowly appearing with these characters. I can't wait to see where this story goes 😊

I don't really get why people are annoyed with the FL, she is just acting like anyone else in her situation would. To suddenly be confronted with so much casual violence and even a near death situation would traumatize anyone. Even if her life back in Seoul was not that great, it was the only thing she knew and anyone would want to return to what they already know.

As the reader we have way more information about the ML than she does so we know that he cares for her but to her it may not be that obvious. They have not known each other for a long time so how can she know?

I‘m confused what the blond guy‘s role is. Is he a hostage? War captive-not-really-because-of-royalty? Also for the girl that fell off the waterfall, is she the last of the Jin people?

That aside, story is great ahaha

so are those two gonna be assholes for the entire story or what? i’m sick of this purple headed bitch’s attitude. honestly her face is so punchable, i just wanna 🤯
and that emperor han is suss as hell. honestly him and that obviously evil dude are testing my soul. it’s like they’re gonna start shit and i have noooo idea what, but i just want them gone.

kinda want to run boy toy through with a sword
if the heavenly maiden and our FL could make amends they would be such a force to reckon with?? like in a european high society type they would be the girl with barbed/hidden words but the power to back it up
in a country that cannot lie, our FL's words are especially potent and IF they can become friends i would love that

What is up with this pacing? 🐌🐌🐌 can some over tell me which chapter do she start to like the emperor? Or in which chapter do they confess?

@ladychef
I've only looked at the raws and I don't read Korean so I don't know how it happens, but she definitely starts liking him a bit more by Ch. 34, and they're fully crushing on each other by Ch. 38. The raws are linked in the description if you want to see for yourself.

I mean I like the story but....god some of the bodies are so not proportioned correctly, lol.

I really wish she would tell him how she really feels...and I understand why she doesn’t but he’ll find out eventually 😔

Double-page supporter
I think this is where I drop this one. I really like the ML and the FL (esp their interactions, i think theyre GOLDEN and have good chemistry), and I deeply enjoyed the opening few chapters that established the premise but man... I feel like the plot has really gotten away (either from me the reader struggling to make sense of the many threads or the author).

Normally I love when romance manhwa/manga/etc take the time to flesh out their supporting cast, but I don't think the author does a great job handling all these disparate backstories at the same time. Besides
FL wanting to return home and some dude who will PROBABLY do some evil stuff but hasn't actually DONE anything yet,
I couldn't tell you what's going on in the story here. In that same vein, I really don't care for the antagonist. I just don't find him compelling.

I'm really bummed to let this one go. Like I said, I really enjoy the FL/ML and the unique personality + outlook on life the FL has as a former customer service worker. But when I'm wondering "what the hell is going on" with each subsequent chapter release and rushing through to see if anything I would enjoy happens, I feel like it's time to drop.

NASS, thank you for the great TL work you've done on this series! Catch u all in the comments section of a different reincarnation romance story

Thank you, translators :D This is like the first emperor ML I've ever seen who's so earnest and sweet towards our MC TTVTT

Want to see an adorable and cute ( also sexy) emperor? Read this ! 😆
But more seriously this story does have it forte since it has transmitted modern real life struggles so well with a lot of touching moments and life lessons 😌

Users who are viewing this thread