What Year or Age you all started reading Manga or watch Anime?

It was back in 2000 or 2001. I was 'round 13.
Every single day i was watching some channel that during late hours aired anime.
Back in that year it aired Gundam Wing, Iria: Zeiram the Animation, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Fushigi yūgi.
One of those was my first anime.
I started reading manga 5 years later.

Double-page supporter
97 i think ? just usual sunday anime sailor moon, doraemon, wing gundam, etc (well.... local language subbed..) and start collecting manga from doraemon, etc

Dex-chan lover
i don't remember when, but i kinda remember a kind of wrestling anime and a kind of ninja kid anime airing on tv

I actually started pretty late, I was twenty and accidentally clicked on a InuYasha video while on YouTube
Been hooked ever since.

Back in 2008 or 2009, When I was 3 or 4, I remember watching the whole Pokemon series along with all the movies. I also used to watch Bakugan and Blue Dragon till 2011 or 2012 and I kinda remember watching Dragon Ball and Naruto a lil bit. However, I remember Pokemon, Bakugan and Blue Dragon the most ^^

Speed Racer came out when I was five, so that's when I began watching Anime.

I first began reading Manga around 1982 while stationed in Okinawa.
I first began reading a lot of Manga when I discovered Batoto.

Dex-chan lover
I was told by my parents, when I was a 2-3 years old, I already watched a good amount of Digimon and Pokemon. In early 2000s, I started watching anime on Animax (the better English dub, fite me). I started pirating watching anime online when I was 13, because we didn't have cable anymore :(
I really missed Animax's English dubs... especially the one who voice Ueki (Law of Ueki) and Genkai/Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Always wakes up sunday morning and watch Shinchan, Pokemon, Doraemon, Bakugan, etc (local dub animes)

The first manga I read was my dad's ecchi/hentai manga collections lol, Golden Boy and Gakuen Heaven to name a few. Started reading manga online, when Mangahere was still around.
Come to think of it, I think I found Mangadex from there

When i was in kindergarten lmao, I used to live in asia and they'd play shounen anime on the kiddie shows. I used to get so hyped up over dragonball, pokemon and naruto, I was really surprised when I moved in first grade that people didn't grew up with anime

when I am 8 years old I already read Shinchan, Doraemon, dorabase, etc. The first anime I watch is Doraemon,Digimon, lets and go, and every anime that showing in the national televisi on every Sunday morning.

I won't count watching digimon/pokemon/ whatever appeared on tv as a kid. I started when watching anime when I was 13 or 14 and swapped to reading manga (and stopped watching anime) when I was 16 or 17.

my parents taught me how to read by reading comics for children, i started reading manga in elementary school, there were manga libraries near my school and i would read or rent whatever that took my interest. as for anime, i've loved anime/cartoons and would watch whatever anime/cartoons on tv. started to watch anime more seriously in middle school. some old series that i can still remember/follow are hxh, naruto, death note, fma, ao no exorcist, bleach, black butler, etc

Fed-Kun's army
I probably started when I was in middle school. The first one I ever watched, Hamtaro. Really good show for that age. Later on in high school, I started getting into Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo Dragon Ball and Bleach. In college, I just spammed stupid-funny comedy like Azumanga Daioh and this other one I can't remember the name of, with a girl bashing people with a giant spike club into bloodiness.

Wasn't until 24 or 25 until I started manga, as until then I had a dumb assumption that it would ruin the anime for me, when it's clear as day that most manga do not get one.

@Elroy79
The first time I watched anime was in the 80's with Astroboy, Robotech (yes, I know the controversy), Voltron (Lion and Vehicle), Star Blazers, Captain Harlock, etc.
I'll be honest, I can't recall the first time I read manga since it was probably in my early years since I was into comics and stuff since I admired the drawings as an aspiring artist at the time. So I probably picked up one or two and don't recall them since they didn't make a giant impression on me in my early years. I do recall gaining interest in manga and more so in anime in my teenage years.

.... I was about to say the same thing!

but you forgot the Time Bokan series .... =_= and the omnipresent captain tsubasa ....

@hazzack
i don't remember when, but i kinda remember a kind of wrestling anime and a kind of ninja kid anime airing on tv
they could have been one of them:

- Ninja Hattori-Kun [https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...hUKEwjSnOrKt9zoAhX6w8QBHWKDC7gQ4dUDCAw&uact=5]
- Ninja Boy (Igano Kabamaru) [very old ..... https://www.google.com/search?q=Nin...=chrome..69i57j69i61&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
- Sasuke the little ninja / Sasuke [veryyyyyy old https://www.animeclick.it/anime/845/manga-sarutobi-sasuke]
- Sarutobi Sasuke [...old...https://www.google.com/search?q=Man....69i57j69i64l3j69i60&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

- Kinnikuman ( Muscle Man) [https://www.google.com/search?q=kin...AhVy16YKHSozAKkQBSgAegQICBAm&biw=1005&bih=631]

.... on these occasions I feel really old ... patience.

Dex-chan lover
@BLN123
i think you got the wrestling one right, i do remember those lips.
but i don't know about the ninja one.

i do remember a scene where one of the ninja kid got a mask stuck on his face and he tried to eat noodle with it.
also the story focus on trio ninja kids, they also got trio female counterpart-rival kinda thing? i don't know the term.
and the opening song is great.

Users who are viewing this thread