What's Typesetting?

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for all of your hard work! Through you, tons of people got to experience worlds and meet characters and follow along with stories which we might've left unnoticed or underappreciated for who knows how much longer!

Thanks for everything that you've done!
I say "don't worry" when it comes to dropping this translation stuff.
You're doing it for free and you have to do what's best for your health.
Get better and God's speed. o7

Supporter
Thanks for your work — your translations were professional to the point that I wasn't usually thinking of them as translations as I read them, which is how you know they were good!

I hope you're able to get some help with your depression, and maybe it's presumptuous of me, but I also hope you don't feel guilt about the series you're dropping, which is the vibe I got from your farewell post. You put in a lot of work and hours for free, and frankly, you don't owe anyone anything.

Last edited:
Thank you for your incredible work. Genuine shame to see you go, it was always nice seeing the cardboard.
Wishing you the best going forth!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the good work, I hope everything will be better for you and if you need someone to talk to, I’m here mate, text me if you need it, I’ll hear everything.

Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
Thanks so much for putting so much of your time and effort. Your "one man band" has had consistently better typesetting than most official translations these days, and for being "tone deaf", you weave some beautiful music.

Take care of your own health and happiness, and don't go too crazy chasing Path of Exile leagues. :salute:

Thank you for all you have done, I wish you the best in whatever you do in the future. Rest well, take it easy and take care.

Thank you for all your hard work over the years Osis. I was always happy to see you pick something up cause I knew it would be high quality. Gonna miss you and your work and I wish you the best. :thumbsup:

Thank you for your work! Forever grateful that you picking up Wolf-Chan led me to discovering one of my favorite series! I wish you the best! 🫡🫡

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for your work! Whenever I saw your name pop up on my feed I knew I would be in for a (likely extremely sweet) treat ☺️ . Take care of your health, and may the time away take the edge off some of the curve balls life has thrown your way.

I hope you'll continue to participate in the forums. I've found your attitude towards scanslation to be refreshingly mature and ego-free :salute:

Fed-Kun's army
Just wanted to drop a quick thank you for all the hard work you've put in over the years. The fact that you've seen through with countless manga till the end and have always had a high bar of quality meant that I could always enjoy finishing some incredibly fun stories. Hope you take care of yourself and I wish you the best.

Group Leader
Thank you for all your good work! It's always so much fun to read those series you did for us. Wish you good luck and get better!

Dex-chan lover
@OsisNie Just learned about you stepping away & I want to express my thanks for all the work you've done for the community. I do hope your health gets better & you deserve a break after all the translations you have pumped out over the years. Thank you for all the translations & for also introducing me to Dorobou-chan plus all of Hirune sensei's work. At the same time appreciate your assistance on certain things that I reached out to you. Take good care of yourself & hope to see you around in the discussion pages.

Just learned about you steping away, sad to see you go but glad you were here, love the series you translated, hope it all goes well for you. Thank you for everything.

Last edited:
Sad to hear about your situation in whatever you intend to do next know that we are indebted to you for your service, wishing you the best for all that comes your way.

Group Leader
Sad news. The creativity and effort put into Wolf-chan alone inspired me numerous times at university (and continues to do so - it's been one of my go-to examples of people's fun, creative TL and typesetting in various uni papers and presentations, including my masters' thesis, and a gold standard of reference on how to handle my own scanlations, public and private ones alike). I hope I am not alone in this sentiment and a number of other people already got - or will be - similarly inspired by your work, given I am just talking about one silly series here and not your entire track record, and there's way more in there to be inspired by.

Also, even though I moved on from using Anilist a while back, I still appreciate all the help I got from you on the character pages. Cheers.

Power Uploader
Sad news. The creativity and effort put into Wolf-chan alone inspired me numerous times at university (and continues to do so - it's been one of my go-to examples of people's fun, creative TL and typesetting in various uni papers and presentations, including my masters' thesis, and a gold standard of reference on how to handle my own scanlations, public and private ones alike). I hope I am not alone in this sentiment and a number of other people already got - or will be - similarly inspired by your work, given I am just talking about one silly series here and not your entire track record, and there's way more in there to be inspired by.

Also, even though I moved on from using Anilist a while back, I still appreciate all the help I got from you on the character pages. Cheers.
Wolf-chan is when I realized something that kind of shook me. "I, in part, decide what these characters are like." The visuals, context, and precedent set the boundaries, but for instance: Makiba being so flowery with his words sometimes is a character trait that I really tried to shine a light on. Not to say that I made up his personality or anything (as the author uses a different font in the raw when Makiba goes into Makiba mode)—I fully believe I am portraying him as the author intends—but he says it the way he says it on the page because that's how it gets imagined in my head first. Not that the realization changed how I did things, but it was kind of humbling.

And thank you for all the kind words. Thank all of you. I never expected such an outpouring of support, and I truly do appreciate you all.

Dex-chan lover
Hope you feel better, burn out is a bitch.
If you need a break take one your health is more important than our wanting a new chapter of [Insert manga name here].

Users who are viewing this thread