What's Wrong With You, Duke? - Ch. 8

Double-page supporter
so is he acting through and through after the 1st night, or there is really a magic left after that?

Dex-chan lover
You have to be well-versed in heart-catching to work for these two.

I like Erin. She's so utterly exasperated, but strangely cute about being spoiled at the same time.

OMG, cute cute cute
My girl I'm rooting for you, and lols, Duke, I pity you a bit, but I want to laugh at you more. I'm really evil

It's just been 8 chapters yet why am I crying buckets for this girl?
I'm not really fond of weak damsels, you know...

Fed-Kun's army
@XeanLux It's because her situation is terrifying. She's essential stuck in an emotionally abusive relationship where there is no clear abuser. She doesn't understand when he will revert and everytime it happens she will receive scorn and her life will be threatened.

At the same time, she's gotten a taste for the (maybe fake) love that she's given and she's gotten woefully addicted. As we see from her perspective, the majority of her careful, concentrated effort is diverted towards how she can continue to maintain the relationship, with some cursory thought given for escape.

Add to the fact the she isn't an idiot, and is completely aware of the situation she is in, fully realises and feels guilty about what she's doing, and even realises that the hands that are caressing her cheeks will one find their way clasped around her neck, and that she's living on an uncertain amount of borrowed time.

Dex-chan lover
you know, I think it's all her imagination.
Proof: When the duke change into his violent type, he sliced her neck and on other occasion cause both of her hand to bleed. But we never saw the scar or the bleeding after the duke turn normal. It's like they never happen.
Here we see she hurt her finger and we see her having bandage for the whole chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread