What's Wrong With You, Duke?

I finally got around to reading this and it’s sO cute shJhsk I love the heroine being proactive and arguing back + trying to find solutions and learn about herself

@weepinglady nope! in fact, they just had a mass release wooo! (the scanlators for this series tend to save up a bunch of chapters and release them at once (which i have no problem with, because now I get to binge)

Fed-Kun's army
Haven't read this since chapter 45, has the MC improved at all? Is she ever going to realize that what she's doing is wrong?

Everyone in this story is so annoying-
The MC only think about herself that's damn angering.
When will the main become a lovable character? for now she's just been a crybaby and a jealous bitch.
She doesn't even realise what she's doing is wrong or anything. She's basically that cliché of the main character in a novel but selfish.
Tag me when it gets better.

The mc has a weak and selfish personality. She knows the duke only likes her due to a spell and would rather his real personality disappear forever.

I don't really like the mc, she's like the exact opposite of my taste in shojo heroines. However, her interactions with the ml are quite entertaining.

I don't know why others find the MC's characteristics annoying but to me it fits her well with this kind of story. It would be boring to match a duke with strong and quick-witted female lead when the duke himself possesses those characteristics. I think the author has balanced the story well. And then next chapter is quite hot and sweet at the same time. 😉

Fed-Kun's army
Quite humbly surprised by this. Normally when I see stuff like this with the generic title and cover art I dismiss it[Due to the oversaturated market of these duke/duchess stories] but for some reason I decided to start reading this.

The story is surprisingly strong with nice flow and pacing. Nothing feels like its moving to fast or slow. The stand out thing that I think this is doing really well is the comedy. Its works right into the plot and it lands almost everytime. Whenever it feels like its getting stale it recovers and twists the way it presents itself. Characters are also well done and well balanced. Normally one character is proped up over the others like an isekai [based on other comments that is exactly what they wanted and expected, a garbage one note character who knows all, is accepted by all, and makes now mistakes. Your guys taste in dramatic characters is garbage and is the reason most of these series normally suck or are abandoned] but the author has handled characterization neatly.

Not amazing but not bad. Will continue to follow and most likely start recommending to people who are into these long strip dramas.

Not really a fan of the FL but read until chapter 35 cuz i was genuinely curious about the whole story line. I thought the FL improved as the story progressed but at some points, she just went back to her old self. So i dropped it. Lol

The whole concept is interesting though and kinda unique but dayum, the FL broooo 😂😂 I just cant.

THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ALL THE PEOPLE SPREADING HATE COMMENTS WITH ERIN.
Erin is a nice character , She's not stupid.
WHAT'S WRONG WITH CRYING? YOU GUYS HAVEN'T CRIED BEFORE IN AN EXTREME SITUATION?
FUCK OFF IF YOU DON'T WANNA READ THIS. YOU'RE RUINING THIS.

I'm pretty sure anyone would cry when faced with life threatening situations. Stop hating on Erin. This is quite a good storyline.

The only thing that bothers me is the amount of times, her decisions land her in trouble like, you know it's dangerous and yet you still do it lol

Otherwise, she's a lovable character. I love the ML too. He's all soft and fuzzy.

Erin is amusing. I love her ditzy personality and how it’s a complete opposite to Rowan’s. It’s the formula for a lot of funny moments.

At first I was a bit cautious because of the complaints in the comments about how the MC cries a lot, and the story seems to go nowhere.

But that was not the case.

There's a plot related reason for why her tears are a key discovery, so of course the plot would move in a direction to make her cry --and yet it was not contrieved, and the MC when aware of it tries her best not to. Part of it and what is does is resolved, which for a webtoon, it was done quickly enough. Moreover the plot is intriguing and both the MC and ML develop as characters.

True, perhaps many expect the MC to become shrewd and savvy, but that's not exactly in par with her personality. She seems to be developing in some other ways, namely, courageaous, confident and trusting. Development which, in my opinion, suits her charming airhead personality just fine.

Also the plot keeps moving and is never stagnant. There's a lot of comedy, but when it needs to get serious it gets serious --and even some of the comedy moments turn out to be foreshadowing.

It's a good read.

Initially, I dropped this around Chapter 10 or so, but eventually found my way back to this series. So glad I gave it a second chance because it's really good. I love the developments in relationship between Rowan and Erin, such a sweet couple! Erin's personality also helps with the humor and comedic moments.

Definitely worth a shot, you'll love it! Just need to get past the second hand embarrassment at the front HAHA

Users who are viewing this thread