What's your hidden gem (Romance Only)

Dex-chan lover
Do you have a Romance Manga that you think is really underrated ? Any genre is accepted here, as long as it includes romance and is not widely popular.

Dex-chan lover
I'm very fond of Yan(kee)dere Kanojo (both versions). Here's a few other, slightly out-of-view romance series I think are worth giving a shot:

Uwagaki - Fairly lighthearted romcom by the author of Immortal Hounds (speaking of which, does Immortal Hounds count as a weaponized romcom too?)

My Brother the Shut-in - Man struggles to stop being a shut-in and change himself, largely from the PoV of his teenage sister. Has a shoujo look and style, but is otherwise a rather grounded story with two parallel romances. Also, the author may or may not be a slight, real life brocon themselves, but it's pretty sweet.

Sumomomo Momomo and Midori no Hibi - Part of the "used to be relatively well-known and had anime adaptations, but are now completely forgotten" 2000s romcom club. Both hold up pretty well and are a lot of fun, and I won't rest until people finally admit that Sumomomo was always the superior Shinobu Ohtaka manga.

Any genre is accepted here, as long as it includes romance and is not widely popular.
CRIMSONS - "Top 10 shonen manga sex scenes."

Last edited:
Do you have a Romance Manga that you think is really underrated ? Any genre is accepted here, as long as it includes romance and is not widely popular.
Warrior Grandpa is really good. Not so many chapters, but it's excellent.

ETA
You said romance, and this isn't that. Didn't see.

Still. It's good

Group Leader
1/11 there is romance in a few of the chapters so I guess it counts but it's in my top 10 favorite series.

If that doesn't count then although not translated but "I was supposed to never fall in love with you". It has two manga adaptations. One ends at ch 11 and the other is ongoing and recently started this year.

Itonami Itonamezu and Karesen Joshikousei to Tokikake Ojisan are two other good ones. Anything by Onio (seriously how tf did 3 of his romance mangas get the axe they're so good).

Finally Wazato Miseteru Kamoi-san? But that's a bit degen. Feel a lot of people will like that one though and be highly rated if it ever gets translated.

Users who are viewing this thread