When I Returned to My Hometown, My Childhood Friend was Broken - Ch. 31

Dex-chan lover
Imagine how interesting it would be if she wasn't actually assaulted but the neighbours spread the rumours she was.

Dex-chan lover
Like you‘re not wrong about not putting yourself into certain situations but there’s too many variables to accurately make that judgement without coming off as a moron, especially on a forum you dipshit.
The only reason not to discuss ideas like that on a forum is the majority of people being morons only capable of knee-jerk reactions to maintain the maxims put into their head by authority figures, with any sort of reflection entirely past them. But that's on them and not the autist willing to voice controversial opinions.

It's always crazy seeing people hate on the term victim-blaming and saying how the victim has to take accountability. Because all you really have to say to start dismantling the argument is "You want them to take accountability for being insert terrible thing here?"
You're kind of focusing on the wrong thing if you're looking for things that the victim did to have caused this. Especially something like a certain type of assault
"You shouldn't go drunk and with an expensive camera on your belly through side streets late at night" and "robbers are scum" are not mutually exclusive.

Dex-chan lover
This makes my heart nut
fd441d76b618694be8689af8ff158df504c11a6531ca05d80c4fac5853d1c991_1.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one to interpret the sepia tone panel on the last page metaphorically? I think if the translation said "You really didn't bring a lot of baggage with you" instead of "luggage" it would clearly be metaphorical.

It seems that possibly he's the first person to believe in her and to think she's strong since her trauma. Everyone else has probably been blaming her (like the old lady) or at best just pitying her.
I just thought of another optimistic interpretation in that same panel.

In the very next speech bubble, in response to his luggage question she says "This is all I need" and they are their childhood selves before she was broken.

All she needs to finally feel as she did when she was whole is him and not his support of her but his belief in her. Support can be provided due to a feeling that someone can't take care of themselves or even from a sense of obligation. Belief is deeply held about her as a person.

Dex-chan lover
Touma has such a massive heart, man. Goddamn, what an absolute gentleman.

...and hopefully those 'senpais' can rot in whatever prison they landed into.

Dex-chan lover
Holy cow! I see you gentlemen have been discussing a lot in here! Well whatever, let’s all cool down a bit, Internet is supposed to be a place where we steal stuff, not somewhere to get into pointless, heated arguments...

Cheers, for those that haven’t seen, here’s Chapter 32 retweeted by the author as alway. It’s not as high quality as Boredom Society’s TL but it’s more than enough if like me you just need a fix quicker.

Dex-chan lover
Homeboy really thinks having basic empathy is a "nice guy" trait.
I'm more than disinclined to use the term "nice guy" in the way that it's come to be used, since it pathologizes "being nice" by some weird contextual implication... but making a show of your "basic empathy" would definitely be a "nice guy" trait, the way it's being used here.

Fed-Kun's army
I read all these comments and its either wanting to give hugs to her, hating the old couple, arguing about victim-blaming, reptitive name-calling, taking about the rape scene guy, or something else stupid.

In short, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Waste of my life.

Fed-Kun's army
tha
Holy cow! I see you gentlemen have been discussing a lot in here! Well whatever, let’s all cool down a bit, Internet is supposed to be a place where we steal stuff, not somewhere to get into pointless, heated arguments...

Cheers, for those that haven’t seen, here’s Chapter 32 retweeted by the author as alway. It’s not as high quality as Boredom Society’s TL but it’s more than enough if like me you just need a fix quicker.
thanks so much based man

Users who are viewing this thread