which anime do you regret watching and which one's got you emotionally invested

Dex-chan lover
i hated watching kuzu no honkai aka Scum's Wish
loved your lie in april,deaimon and anohana

Without doing a research paper;
Invested: Sasameki Koto, Promised Neverland, Insomniacs after School
Disappointing: Kumamiko-Girl Meets Bear, Reign of the Seven Spellblades, Nekopara OVA

Dex-chan lover
Disappointed:
1. BAKI:
You know, The First Netflix Series; Primarily due to CGI
2. First Minute of Fist of the Blue Sky Regenesis: The CGI Anime is something I'll never get used to. And they botched the story somehow! I wish the Grand Works of Buronson and Hara were treated with more respect!
3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventures Season 1: Now, I love the Entire Series, the Manga and Anime; But Season 1 failed to capture the artistic beauty of Parts 1 and 2 utterly. While over the years of rewatches, I have nothing but love for Season 1, Pacing was too fast, and the Artstyle was rough, Part 1 Hardly looked a thing like it did in the Manga. The Moment when the first Vampire Punches the Wall after throwing down Dio... It was so lackluster in anime form. And the cutting of several fights and whatnot just added to this rushed feeling. Furthermore Joseph and Jonathan in Anime and Manga look... so different! Trust me, it pains me to hold animosity for any part of Jojo. But, Season 1 of the Anime is... such a low blow...
INVESTED:
1. One Piece: It began 6 years ago, when I was searching for another manga to accompany MHA. Then Suddenly, a series I did not expect to enthrall me had me for 3 years of life. The Next 3, I spent watching the Anime, and while it slows in pacing, it... It isn't a Saturday without a One Piece Episode to Watch. One Piece is a big part of my life without a doubt.
2. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: When I caught up with OP back in 2021, and it came to the point in the Manga when Luffy defeated Kaido and there was a Long Break for a month or so. I needed something, I tried many series. But, their loomed Jojo. Far Far back, when the Series Launched first on Toonami, I would always be confused about the commercials. I was scared of the series at first. But, Once I read the Manga, Part 1 of course, I was stunned. This Story about Two Young Men and the Stone Mask which changed their life... It enwrapped me... And in truth, I was pushed after seeing the Stone Ocean Trailer. Nothing like Ermes and Jolyne!
3. Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan: Well, you know, it's Jojo! We need more!
4. Baki Hanma: While the Anime is nowhere near perfect, I caught it summer of this year. Summer was particularly painful time for me, I was forced into something I did not want to be forced into and could not gripe a thing about it. So, in four days, after watching the Pickle War Trailer, I read all 1,400+ chapters of Baki. And the father and son fight is the very second anime I've ever watched on TV. Maybe alone sure, but it was a better experience then the week afore, having watched the OP Episode where Luffy's Fruit Awakens. That episode was a letdown!

Double-page supporter
The only anime i regret watching is Hokuto No Ken. This anime is not really very bad, there is way worse. I tend to stop bad or uninteresting animes after a few episodes, and i don't regret trying them, and HNK is not in this situation. But for HnK, it was different. I'm a big fan of the manga, it's my favorite manga of all time (except for educational mangas, but they don't count in the same category). But there is multiple reasons i don't like the anime. Partly because of the "censoring" who tame the wildness of the manga, the fillers are uninteresting, the story change a little in a bad way, but first and foremost : the anime don't really capture the magic, the epicness of the manga ! Hokuto No Ken have a soul, something you don't find elsewhere : it's epic, dramatic, heroic, violent, but beautiful in a special way. The anime missed that. So i've watch it until the half of the first season, before accepting thaht the anime wasn't that good, and them stop.

For the ones i have been invested emotionally, i'd say lots. 86 was excellent but mostly for the first part, the second was not as good. Same for Wonder egg priority, who had a very strong start, taking seriously some strong topics, but failed at the end. The aquatope on white sand was a marvel from the start to the end and was an experience i remember fondly. A place further than the universe was kind of the same breed, but shorter. Ergo proxy and Vivy fluorite eyes's song were also very interesting, especially the first (yes, even the "fillers" were good).

But i'd say Serial Experiment Lain. On the paper, it's everything i hate : slow pacing, very experimental, non-linear convoluted narration, the story is not really explained. I should have hated it, like most of the viewers of this show (with very good reasons). But there is a solid intellectual background in this anime and i love that. But first and foremost : when you're a teenager extremely passionate about computers, who want to go to college to study computer science and software engineering, this show is talking to your heart, to your soul, to you. It talks about technology and how it's used, in a way you will listen no matter what, in a way you understand somehow in your soul.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The only anime i regret watching is Hokuto No Ken. This anime is not really very bad, there is way worse. I tend to stop bad or uninteresting animes after a few episodes, and i don't regret trying them, and HNK is not in this situation. But for HnK, it was different. I'm a big fan of the manga, it's my favorite manga of all time (except for educational mangas, but they don't count in the same category). But there is multiple reasons i don't like the anime. Partly because of the "censoring" who tame the wildness of the manga, the fillers are uninteresting, the story change a little in a bad way, but first and foremost : the anime don't really capture the magic, the epicness of the manga ! Hokuto No Ken have a soul, something you don't find elsewhere : it's epic, dramatic, heroic, violent, but beautiful in a special way. The anime missed that. So i've watch it until the half of the first season, before accepting thaht the anime wasn't that good, and them stop.

For the ones i have been invested emotionally, i'd say lots. 86 was excellent but mostly for the first part, the second was not as good. Same for Wonder egg priority, who had a very strong start, taking seriously some strong topics, but failed at the end. The aquatope on white sand was a marvel from the start to the end and was an experience i remember fondly. A place further than the universe was kind of the same breed, but shorter. Ergo proxy and Vivy fluorite eyes's song were also very interesting, especially the first (yes, even the "fillers" were good).

But i'd say Serial Experiment Lain. On the paper, it's everything i hate : slow pacing, very experimental, non-linear convoluted narration, the story is not really explained. I should have hated it, like most of the viewers of this show (with very good reasons). But there is a solid intellectual background in this anime and i love that. But first and foremost : when you're a teenager extremely passionate about computers, who want to go to college to study computer science and software engineering, this show is talking to your heart, to your soul, to you. It talks about technology and how it's used, in a way you will listen no matter what, in a way you understand somehow in your soul.
I SKIPPED the first half of 86 except for the OP. Ironically I LOVED the second half because of a mature loli talking eye to eye with a mass murderer.

Dex-chan lover
Without doing a research paper;
Invested: Sasameki Koto, Promised Neverland, Insomniacs after School
Disappointing: Kumamiko-Girl Meets Bear, Reign of the Seven Spellblades, Nekopara OVA
i felt the same with
Reign of the Seven Spellblades
initially it felt promising but then it was all downhill

Dex-chan lover
Disappointed:
1. BAKI:
You know, The First Netflix Series; Primarily due to CGI
2. First Minute of Fist of the Blue Sky Regenesis: The CGI Anime is something I'll never get used to. And they botched the story somehow! I wish the Grand Works of Buronson and Hara were treated with more respect!
3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventures Season 1: Now, I love the Entire Series, the Manga and Anime; But Season 1 failed to capture the artistic beauty of Parts 1 and 2 utterly. While over the years of rewatches, I have nothing but love for Season 1, Pacing was too fast, and the Artstyle was rough, Part 1 Hardly looked a thing like it did in the Manga. The Moment when the first Vampire Punches the Wall after throwing down Dio... It was so lackluster in anime form. And the cutting of several fights and whatnot just added to this rushed feeling. Furthermore Joseph and Jonathan in Anime and Manga look... so different! Trust me, it pains me to hold animosity for any part of Jojo. But, Season 1 of the Anime is... such a low blow...
INVESTED:
1. One Piece: It began 6 years ago, when I was searching for another manga to accompany MHA. Then Suddenly, a series I did not expect to enthrall me had me for 3 years of life. The Next 3, I spent watching the Anime, and while it slows in pacing, it... It isn't a Saturday without a One Piece Episode to Watch. One Piece is a big part of my life without a doubt.
2. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: When I caught up with OP back in 2021, and it came to the point in the Manga when Luffy defeated Kaido and there was a Long Break for a month or so. I needed something, I tried many series. But, their loomed Jojo. Far Far back, when the Series Launched first on Toonami, I would always be confused about the commercials. I was scared of the series at first. But, Once I read the Manga, Part 1 of course, I was stunned. This Story about Two Young Men and the Stone Mask which changed their life... It enwrapped me... And in truth, I was pushed after seeing the Stone Ocean Trailer. Nothing like Ermes and Jolyne!
3. Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan: Well, you know, it's Jojo! We need more!
4. Baki Hanma: While the Anime is nowhere near perfect, I caught it summer of this year. Summer was particularly painful time for me, I was forced into something I did not want to be forced into and could not gripe a thing about it. So, in four days, after watching the Pickle War Trailer, I read all 1,400+ chapters of Baki. And the father and son fight is the very second anime I've ever watched on TV. Maybe alone sure, but it was a better experience then the week afore, having watched the OP Episode where Luffy's Fruit Awakens. That episode was a letdown!
i'm also a jojo fan. but with one piece ive hit a wall with the impel down arc so its been on hold for a while.i'll check out baki for sure

Dex-chan lover
I have not watched a single anime since like 2019, and today I gonna watch half of the "Disappointed" animes like four or five episodes, since I got nothing else to do.

Dex-chan lover
Regret watching [I'm Standing on a Million Lives] [My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission] and [Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles]
  • Million lives because I've heard it apparently it had a pretty unique story but it honestly doesn't that interesting and the anime was pretty trash. I also strongly dislike the MC since he just seems like (hell even portrayed as) a teen in their rebellious phase, purposefully or not will not like him either way.
  • Garbage movie. Literally only worth watching for animation and with brain turned off. Most predictable American movie plot in existence: (hypocritical) terrorist wants to destroy society KKK and Hitler style and plants bombs all over the world. Doesn't help that they heavily marketed the hell out of the movies black raid suits for their figures of them, only for those very black raid suits for have a screentime of less than 5 minutes, literally false marketing in my opinion
  • I literally didn't realize spirit chronicles was a power fantasy until MC gets into the forest and he gets a harem of animal girls, although I'm partly to blame for not realizing it sooner given the trashy character writings. Does not help that everything I heard about spirit chronicles kept telling me it apparently had a really good story. And to be fair I didn't do much research about it's story before hand and it was also while it was airing (watch it after all episodes came out), which let's be real people were just overly gassing it up for attention and I failed to realize that. Also the story definitely wasn't as good as I heard when people were gassing it up, even had some novel readers tell me it too when I asked them.

Invested would be [Neon Genesis Evangelion] [Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song] [Fairy Tail]
  • Evangelion because I grew up watching it as a kid and it's been a deep part of my real and anime life. I can also go back and rewatch the anime and still enjoy it while also learn about the deeper meanings behind it or learn about it's inspirations
  • Vivy because it was the first anime to make me feel emotionally drained because of how great it felt watching it and I basically could only emotionally handle watching 1 episode a day for the first half (watched it a few months after it came out). And it was by far THE most underrated anime of its season, and one of the most underrated animes of its year.
  • Fairy Tail because it just has a special place in my heart. I grew up watching it and was one of my first animes I watched, and finished from start to end, all episodes. I also watched it in dub, and the dub (to me at least, been a while since I last watch it) was amazing. And despite how corny the idea was or there being plot holes and such, I absolutely loved the power of friendship in Fairy Tail because everyone in the guild was treated like family and they were able to overcome all odds together
  • Honorable mentions: [Cyberpunk: Edgerunners] & [Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya: Vow in the Snow]
    • I saw how massive the cyberpunk anime popularity was on twitter while it was trending but never realize just how popular it was, or even why (since I knew almost nothing about it). And it was only months later after the popularity had died down I watched it and understood why people loved it and why it was able to revive the games popularity from the dead. But I put it as an honorable mentions because I wasn't exactly watching it willingly since I had a project where I had to review a media I watched and I used it as an excuse to watch cyberpunk
    • Now, my story for Oath Under Snow is a bit long, but basically: I watched it because I saw a anime wins video of it (by BlueDrakma) and it snowballed into my love of the Fate franchise.

Dex-chan lover
K Project for both.

I think K and Mekakucity Actors are my first introductions to unique looking anime and I will forever be grateful for that, but I just lost focus at the latter half of Mekakucity even after repeated watching.

Why regret? Bad after season 1. The movie isn't that compelling, and the 2nd season is filled with some interesting ideas ruined by pacing and stiff execution. The women seem to become more same-y too? Well, their boobs definitely become oddly bouncy. A shame too, I was hoping for proper magic-saber stuffs from Ms. Secretary.

The way the movie and season 2 connects too is weird. To not go into too much detail, a certain character that jump off a ledge in the movie fall so many episodes later in season 2 and landed with different clothes. Also the jumping man, Red King, and the philosophy behind the conflicts don't feel as important as it should.

Dex-chan lover
Regret watching [I'm Standing on a Million Lives] [My Hero Academia: World Heroes' Mission] and [Seirei Gensouki: Spirit Chronicles]
  • Million lives because I've heard it apparently it had a pretty unique story but it honestly doesn't that interesting and the anime was pretty trash. I also strongly dislike the MC since he just seems like (hell even portrayed as) a teen in their rebellious phase, purposefully or not will not like him either way.
  • Garbage movie. Literally only worth watching for animation and with brain turned off. Most predictable American movie plot in existence: (hypocritical) terrorist wants to destroy society KKK and Hitler style and plants bombs all over the world. Doesn't help that they heavily marketed the hell out of the movies black raid suits for their figures of them, only for those very black raid suits for have a screentime of less than 5 minutes, literally false marketing in my opinion
  • I literally didn't realize spirit chronicles was a power fantasy until MC gets into the forest and he gets a harem of animal girls, although I'm partly to blame for not realizing it sooner given the trashy character writings. Does not help that everything I heard about spirit chronicles kept telling me it apparently had a really good story. And to be fair I didn't do much research about it's story before hand and it was also while it was airing (watch it after all episodes came out), which let's be real people were just overly gassing it up for attention and I failed to realize that. Also the story definitely wasn't as good as I heard when people were gassing it up, even had some novel readers tell me it too when I asked them.

Invested would be [Neon Genesis Evangelion] [Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song] [Fairy Tail]
  • Evangelion because I grew up watching it as a kid and it's been a deep part of my real and anime life. I can also go back and rewatch the anime and still enjoy it while also learn about the deeper meanings behind it or learn about it's inspirations
  • Vivy because it was the first anime to make me feel emotionally drained because of how great it felt watching it and I basically could only emotionally handle watching 1 episode a day for the first half (watched it a few months after it came out). And it was by far THE most underrated anime of its season, and one of the most underrated animes of its year.
  • Fairy Tail because it just has a special place in my heart. I grew up watching it and was one of my first animes I watched, and finished from start to end, all episodes. I also watched it in dub, and the dub (to me at least, been a while since I last watch it) was amazing. And despite how corny the idea was or there being plot holes and such, I absolutely loved the power of friendship in Fairy Tail because everyone in the guild was treated like family and they were able to overcome all odds together
  • Honorable mentions: [Cyberpunk: Edgerunners] & [Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya: Vow in the Snow]
    • I saw how massive the cyberpunk anime popularity was on twitter while it was trending but never realize just how popular it was, or even why (since I knew almost nothing about it). And it was only months later after the popularity had died down I watched it and understood why people loved it and why it was able to revive the games popularity from the dead. But I put it as an honorable mentions because I wasn't exactly watching it willingly since I had a project where I had to review a media I watched and I used it as an excuse to watch cyberpunk
    • Now, my story for Oath Under Snow is a bit long, but basically: I watched it because I saw a anime wins video of it (by BlueDrakma) and it snowballed into my love of the Fate franchise.
i watched about 6 ep of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners but then dropped,Neon Genesis Evangelion really is one of a kind its awesome

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, Impel Down anime wise is really, really, really slow (5 minutes of watching poison lobs), but it's worth it! Won't spoil anything else, if you don't already know.
Baki is far more Bizarre than Jojo, but amidst it's oddities and gore, it's first part packs a powerful punch narratively. Give it a look for sure!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I have no regrets watching the animes I watched, probably because I only watched like 4, ever...

Gonna be the Twin-Tail!! (俺、ツインテールになります) is something about man who is obsessed with twin tail hair (Who wouldn't?) and he became one, becuz strange white lady hair did funny thing.
He also fights monsters who cannot decide which is better that is big or small titties. but I ain't gonna spoil it.
I mean I only watch gender bend anime so I wouldn't know anything about good animes or bad ones.
956763264447049779.png

Dex-chan lover
I regret watching denpa onna to seishun otoko because I got invested and then decided to check out to see how much more of the novel there was only to discover that the novel got canceled and never got a real ending...

Dex-chan lover
I regret watching denpa onna to seishun otoko because I got invested and then decided to check out to see how much more of the novel there was only to discover that the novel got canceled and never got a real ending...
i was gonna start watching the series

Users who are viewing this thread