Whisper Me a Love Song - Ch. 49 - Impatience, Consultation, and a Confession...

Dex-chan lover
I know I'm gonna sound really stupid, but who the fuck is this sempai that's confessing? I genuinely cannot remember her at all.
She first showed up in ch.38 going around the school festival with Miki (there's a translation error saying she's from swim club but she and Miki are in some kind of school brass band). In ch 40.5 she gets a small extra chapter about how she has a crush on Miki and is waiting until after the festival to confess, which lead us to the current chapter. She wasn't named until this chapter which probably didn't help in remembering her.
I need a relationship chart at the start of every chapter, would help immensely
This isn't fully up to date with the last volume but core dynamics are there.
e0f36587f0d9da88fa29561943f27587e2134fa0.png

I don't get this. If the point was to make Aki being involved in a love triangle with Shiho and her sister, and for the sake of the argument I'm assuming this makes sense, why introduce a new character?

Wouldn't had been easier I don't know... Showing us the damn scene in which Aki tells her sister she has a girlfriend and her getting mad from the get-go?
Ayaka is not a new character though, we've seen her before and even her crush on Miki was properly introduced in the vol 8 extras. I guess this was the author's way of dealing with this plot thread too since the drama is now centered on Miki.

Aggregator gang
Wait... Incest? The tone of this manga doesn't feel like it'd hit a topic so "controversial" so it's probably something else? Is Miki in love with Shiho? Is she upset because her sister did something? Like I dunno, joined her confession and brought along a bunch of other people as a witness BEFORE trying to talk to her sister and ask if the confessor actually had a chance? Because Aki got a girlfriend without telling her she wanted one in the first place? The hell is going on? I dunno but I'm here for it.

miki might also just mean that shes mad that aki is supporting her senpai to confess to her when aki didn't even confess to her crush (yori) herself... ig cuz shes been talking about her stuff about love??? maybe??? (i'm coping)

Dex-chan lover
This was a huge mess. I thought Miki was just straight until the final panel. I like that the main couple is mostly drama free but Aki can not catch a break for long. This arc is going to be rough for her but after exams should be fun for YoriHima.

Dear everyone saying that this manga will either have incest or that they want incest,

Let’s think for a moment here. That’s right, let’s use our brains for once. First things first: why tf do y’all even think there will be incest? From what I’m seeing this other person is likely Miki’s ex-boyfriend. Though I can’t disregard that there is definitely reason for speculation when it comes to this, as Eku has made some odd previous works.

And to y’all saying you want there to be incest: get your mind out of your pants and realize incest is an awful thing. There’s a reason it’s illegal and frowned upon, and honestly I genuinely don’t carr about your “ohhh, it’s fictional” get-out-of-jail-free card. It’s not hot, it’s not cool, and I know some of you guys are like 25+. Grow up.

please god don’t tell me i waited a month just for aki to be the center of drama yet again and also as part of an INCEST plot

Supporter
I think the incest is a red herring. Sure Miki has had a few brief "siscon" vibe scenes, but they were always played off as a bit of a joke. These scenes were "siscon" in the classic sense of having very strong familial affection for her sister, not any sort of attraction to her.

And Miki being into Shiho would be totally out of left field. Unlike the siscon stuff, there hasn't been a single hint of her being into Shiho.

My money's on Miki being upset about how the confession was setup. Not quite sure what issue she had with it to have such an extreme reaction, but there was something about it that really got under Miki's skin.

Welp it’ll be a couple years before we go back to the main pair
Nooo! We need to get back to our adorable AkiShiho ASAP! Well that's my main pair, but maybe you meant someone else?

please dont be in love with ur sister....pls dont be...just pls dont 😭

Dex-chan lover
I am so confused and the fact that I don't remember who half of these characters are is definitely not helping

Users who are viewing this thread