Who Made Me a Princess - Vol. 3 Ch. 88

Aggregator gang
Athy should have the imposter revived through black magic beheaded and Mr. White will be an unfortunate sacrifice for this cause. Make Ezekiel the new head of the household and problem solved.

This

This confrontation like this

IS WHAT I'M HERE FOR!

GOOOOO ATHY!!!

Cursed you Anastacius (literally)

This comment section is cruel, no one can understand why Atha cares about Jeanette.

And bringing Lucas here solves it insofar as he might recognize the possession, but how is the Princess to know that? As far as she knows, bringing Lucas will throw some shade at the guy who used Black Magic to curse the Emperor, but it doesn't keep the nobles from learning of the Emperor's actual condition, which is severely critical.

Idiot. She should have held him there until Lucas showed up.

Now the dismissed nobles are going to walk around town spreading rumors of his return, which is the last thing she wants.

I don't get why she had to end the meeting there. Discounting all the other unknown variables, she knows 2 facts that will solve this. First, is that Anastacius is, without a doubt, an active black magic user. Second, Lucas will definetely be able to tell. "What happened that day" doesn't matter. Black magic is banned. He cannot ascend the throne. At that point, even if Claude is revealed to be in critical condition, it won't matter as long as she can discredit Anastacius' right to the throne. Who else can be emperor, if Claude is in coma? Anastacius? He can't for reasons stated above. Jeanette? She can't. She's a chimera, a literal product of forbidden magic. They will view her as an abomination. Only Athy is the legitimate heir. Just keep everyone in that room. Summon Lucas and be done with it!!!

@iskaeil no no no Athy is the second to the throne. Just look at this sub thingy for example, she need no approval to do this voting in actuality (she just want to be respectful w them) she can totally just announce that she'll sub for X Y Z and that's it. Also, if youre saying that Athy can be removed of her rights to accend cos she was an accomplice of his father's use of black magic then, she can also totally waltz that claims by saying "lol where's the proof", right?

Anastacius can take the position as the Emperor, sure, BUT not the way you said it. Like I said, Maybe if he revolt (as in take down the Emperor and his family) then, yes. But reasons like changing the rightful successor (wc is Athy) just merely cos of the noble's consensus? So what if he had experience governing? I dont think that's a good reason. At least not logically, idk, maybe they'll do that development for the DRAMA wc is disappointing if that's the case. Technically, wo any of what I mentioned above, he's just a relative now.

@Chttrbx_ What I'm saying is that they CAN ask for proof of black magic. They just need to get another imperial magician, or even their own family's magician in there. It never states that Lucas is the only magician capable of sensing black magic, so there is a real chance that they demand to see the emperor and get him evaluated by another magician. And Athy is going to have a hard time denying them or putting them off like "oh no Lucas is a genius, he wouldn't miss that" because the nobles would want their own people to do it and get more people on the job to help solve the problem, especially since Claude needs to be standing and at full power to address the fact that the half-brother he killed is alive.

Anastacius can easily say "where's the proof" while Athy does not have that luxury, because there are almost definitely other magicians that can reveal the presence of black magic on Claude, while I'm assuming only Lucas could reveal that of Anastacius. Hell, even Anastacius could reveal the presence of black magic if he was allowed in the room with Claude's body, he's also a known magic user. He just has to do some light show to show like a "black aura" or some bs and these non-magic wielding nobles (I'm assuming they don't have magic...that might be wrong considering then there's no way they'd have a chance of dissenting Claude's rule) would just eat that up.

Basically, if Anastacius stayed, both Athy and Anastacius can go down. Because even if Anastacius accuses Claude of black magic and gets put down for also using black magic, the nobles would still want Claude there because a) that is a major event and b) if Claude is bedridden, they'd want their own people and resources in on it to diagnose the issue. I'm guessing if Lucas could hide the presence of black magic, he would've done so already.

Group Leader
Why do I feel like this is over complicated? She can just shut him up for the 5-10 minutes it takes Lucas to get there. He literally committed treason against Claude and the nation countless times. Of course she can detain him. At the very least, tell him to shut up and keep everyone in the room in silence for 10 minutes. All she needs is authority in her voice and she’d get the job done or am I oversimplifying lol

@iskaeil no stop and pls listen to me. The one with the most authority in the room is Athy, not only she's the princess but the successor as well. (oh now that I think of it Jeanette can reveal herself now and that'll be much more effective in endangering Athy's succession than Anastacius crawling his way to the throne like this.) This situation is not that complicated, the webtoon is just making it too dramatic. If Anastacius gonna drag Claude down by using his history of black magic, Anastacius and his chimera daughter gonna go down w the Emperor as well cos they all stinks of black magic. Realistically, Athy is the last one that gonna survive this cos she didnt use black magic and she can totally excuse that she know nothing of Claude's- that's why she SAID nothing. Literally, That simple.

Group Leader
Thank you for the translation:) Gahh !!! I'm pissed off with anastacius>. <Lucas please come quickly, Athy needs your help !!! somehow I want Athy to just reveal the birth of Jeanette...

Fed-Kun's army
I was mad when Anastacius said that Athy is a product of black magic by Claude like the heck GO AWAY AND LOOK AT URSELF IN THE MIRROR

I guess the reason Athy is staying shut is 'cause she is kind and doesn't want to drag Jeanette down by revealing all the crimes Anastacius did

but it looks like Jeanette is 'bout to do be driven by jealousy and do something stupid so lets just see how it'll go (I still think Jeanette isnt worthit to be saved 'cuz she let Athy be killed at the original timeline, Athy is too kind tbh)

@Chttrbx_ Chapter 85: "The council doesn't have the power to control my authority, but they have the duty of officially announcing me as "the emperor's substitute."...Felix said that there shouldn't be any problems since I'm the only princess."

So no, she is not yet the absolute authority, because it hasn't been formally announced. It's a shitty formality that should've remained a formality, but now another candidate has appeared. Not only is Anastacius another candidate, he could also reveal Jeanette as being Claude's daughter (or his own, depending on how he wants to play this, but Jeanette has always been raised to believe she is Claude's blood) and put a further wrench in the council's decision. All it takes is the anti-emperor faction convincing enough of the people at the table to vote against her and she will have to step down as acting as the emperor's substitute, bc now someone of the "purer" bloodline is present, OR they reveal Jeanette, and apparently Athy doesn't want to get Jeanette involved.

In Chapter 84, Anastacius also announces he plans to cause a rebellion, too. So yeah, Anastacius is taking the route of revolt, unless Lucas can pin him down before then, except he is already leaving. No one in the room can technically hold Anastacius from leaving, because the council has not decided who is the absolute authority (IF he is to be voted as the emperor's substitute, or he declares himself as such, he can simply say no one has the authority to keep him from leaving)...which means they can't harm a potential emperor substitute, which is presumably why Felix doesn't just chop his head off.

Users who are viewing this thread