Why Was My Cover Update Refused?

Dex-chan lover
I reported an update request before and it was excepted, now this one wasn't. I'm confused. Do we not report cover requests now? Do we do them ourselves?

Solution
Zippyshare is blocked in some countries, maybe whatever mod was looking at the report couldn't access it and thought it was in invalid link.
The One
Staff
Admin
Zippyshare is blocked in some countries, maybe whatever mod was looking at the report couldn't access it and thought it was in invalid link.

Solution
Dex-chan lover

He/she could have PMed me. Maybe make a list of approved sites so we don't run into this issue again? That, or just let us upload.

Group Leader
Regarding this, I have the same question. Before the forum came back, I reported my manga, asking the staff to change the cover, which was never done. I think I asked for that twice. Was there anyone to check those reports?

Power Uploader
He/she could have PMed me. Maybe make a list of approved sites so we don't run into this issue again? That, or just let us upload.
You need a role with the permissions to upload covers (Contributor, Power Uploader, Group Leader...)

Group Leader
OK so they6 were all simply refused!? No reason given at all. Why could that be?

Manga Id
1fc1355b-9c02-48e2-a457-094b592ecd9c
Reason
Information to correct
Status
refused
Date
10/12/2022, 6:00:56 AM
Details
Please change the cover to volume 11.

Power Uploader
OK so they6 were all simply refused!? No reason given at all. Why could that be?
Currently the reports page does not provide the reason for rejection.
Your report was most likely refused because it does not follow rule 2.3.3.2 - The main cover of a series should be of a lastest volume in most cases (covers have nothing to do with scanalated volumes).
(if you think it contains major spoilers or the art style/theme doesn't fit provide the reason why in your report)

Last edited:
Contributor
If I saw that report and was a mod I would probably refuse it as well. The biggest reason is that there's is no link to a cover (i.e. link to bookwalker, imgur, amazon, etc) or is there any indication given that a cover was already uploaded and it just needs to be set to primary.

Contributor
We used to be able to upload, and make new titles too.

Everyone can still make new titles, assuming you haven't broken rules and gotten you permissions removed.
Everyone can still upload chapters, assuming you haven't broken rules and gotten you permissions removed and the group isn't locked.
Covers permissions changed because there was a lot of abuse. I personally have seen some cursed images uploaded as "covers" on obscure titles.

Group Leader
If I saw that report and was a mod I would probably refuse it as well. The biggest reason is that there's is no link to a cover (i.e. link to bookwalker, imgur, amazon, etc) or is there any indication given that a cover was already uploaded and it just needs to be set to primary.

All the covers have been uploaded by someone else. I don't remember how many I uploaded, but for sure not all of them. I think even the ones I uploaded were replaced... In any case, if all the covers were available, it shouldn't have been a problem for the mods to simply change it. I was never aware of that 2.3.3.2 rule until today. That might or might not have been the reason.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone can still make new titles, assuming you haven't broken rules and gotten you permissions removed.
Everyone can still upload chapters, assuming you haven't broken rules and gotten you permissions removed and the group isn't locked.
Covers permissions changed because there was a lot of abuse. I personally have seen some cursed images uploaded as "covers" on obscure titles.

How do I make a new title?
EDIT: Found it.

Users who are viewing this thread