Will You Marry Me Again If You Are Reborn? - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - This is War

Dex-chan lover
@Rozzak I mean, we see like three guys who think like that and one of them is trying to convince someone to not hesisitate while fighting the enemy. It's not like the entire Imperial Army is shown to be like that.

Sorry but somehow I don't feel that much sympathy for the Japanese who had been bomb since they are the ones who started the war. but I do feel sorry for the characters in this story but that's it.

Fed-Kun's army
@aedrian9, Most of the people who died to the bombings aren't the people decided to start the war. The Japanese people (which our characters are representative of) suffered for the greed of the wannabe samurai that is the Japanese Military. That's why modern Japan is so (mostly) pacifist.

@Rozzak The IJA have at least 2-5 million man most of whom are conscripts, why are you stereotyping that many people based on a few dozen special cases that mostly did surrender when they learned that Japan was defeated.

@sakuchu I agree with your statement. It's not often that we get to see what ww2 might've been like from Japan's perspective.

I also firmly agree with what @warpbeast stated. Yes, there were far too many atrocities committed and blame belongs all around but, I often think of this one study that was done on young German soldiers in that time.

The doctors firmly believed that to become like the Nazi's that something at the core must've been different or wrong with their minds. To the doctors dismay, they found that the psyche of the soldiers and citizens whom were subjected to Germany's propaganda were no different than the average American man or woman. They were still just humans like any other. That placed in a situation and environment like that, anyone could become corrupted and lost.

Just like the Allied powers, they believed that they were doing what was best for their nation. Even if their information was falsely delivered. We also have to keep in mind that many of these soldiers were forcefully enlisted and were at the bottom of the pyramid. They had no choice in who they had to fight and when. In the military they train you to follow your superiors orders no matter what.

Overall war is awful and sad, and everyone is forced to loose something, or someone through it.

Dex-chan lover
@Erogmai83
You're basically making a "some good Nazis" argument. Which is pretty revisionist to say the least. The absolute state of inhumanity and fanaticism of the Japanese army during the war isn't a matter of stereotyping, its historical fact. Participation in war crimes was not an outlier, it was expected.

This just literally broke my heart in a millon pieces...... Oh wow there is some deep analysis discussion going on here in the comments. Guys, generally both sides commits horrible things and both side usually have their ideals. Here be see that every group has ppl dragged into fighting and ppl blinded by their beliefs. War just plain sucks no matter what. Can we just enjoy how heartbreaking this is? And how deep GOOD human feelings can go?

Fed-Kun's army
@Rozzak
I’ve never denied that the Japanese military were evil bastard that left a trail of atrocity wherever they went. That is historical fact. What I’m disputing is the idea that EVERY SINGLE Japanese soldier is somehow a fanatic that would always banzai to their death or randomly rape and murder. These are people who only reference to the outside world is a drill sergeant whon intent to break them into being obedient killing machine.

Also just because something is expected doesn’t mean absolutely everyone will do it. Having a few nice guy won’t stop the crime of the whole. That’s how ACAB works afterall. Its not that there no good guy it just that they are either corrupted, marginalized or forced out, leaving the bastard to do whatever they want.

MD@Home
Ugh gotta go wipe these tears away

3unzgd.jpg

Dex-chan lover
The people at the top fight their fights and commit their crimes and get off easy, and the common man pays the highest price possible.

Dex-chan lover
@pokefairy
Yeah. I've learned that, at least on the Allied side, an American historian (Samuel Marshall) noted from interviews with the soldiers directly after a battle that majority of them don't actually fire. Another WWII historian found half of the soldiers never actually killed anyone (Holmes 1985, p. 376). There is a resistance (innate?) to killing someone right in front of you. Majority of WWII deaths were from mortar, grenades and aerial bombs: murders from far away.

But here's a more controversial hot take opinion: all the depressing spots in this manga are bait. The main couple ended happily, and they won't actually have any tragedy at all in the end. Some hard times, certainly, but while others can die in tragedy, the main couple won't end in one.

I am :))))) crying :)))))) so much :)))))
Thank you for translating !

Double-page supporter
See this..... this here is y I still dig through trash.

@pokefairy BYOB System of a Down reference?
If u don’t know it I recommend u give it a listen.

I thought that I could be strong and not cry this chapter. And then I read the title and knew I'd weep like a baby.
I was right.

Users who are viewing this thread