Wistoria: Wand and Sword - Vol. 7 Ch. 28 - Song the World Offers Up

Dex-chan lover
Cringe? Sure. But it's way better than all those copy pasted manga we got in recent months. This one has real plot, while those copy paste bs are as if they were mass produced in some goddamn factory with a "Made in China" label attached to it.

I have never been a fan of "wow everyone hates and alienates MC for not having X! He will prove them wrong! Oh, wait, nevermind, he actually has X and it's better than everyone else's so everything is cool now and everyone likes him". I know any other alternative would require lots of cleverness (and bullshit) but it feels like the story is admitting the haters were right and MC is indeed worthless without a special power.

Granted we have yet to be told what MC's magic is so I'm still waiting for that.
The whole thing is he doesn't have magic he will never have magic but he is good with a sword, I hope he has nothing special and it's just exceptional skill with the blade, because if he has magic it will ruin the whole thing about the MC being the one without magic a being better then a mage. But he probably will have some bullshit Magic like Asta from black clover.

Dex-chan lover
What I'm waiting for is the aftermath of this battle.

"Not only did we have to depend on the dwarves we looked down upon, but to top it off the failure saved us all from certain death whilst all we could do was watch and cheer from afar. Even worse, if the people who somehow graduated were less than useful yet the guy who got targeted to fail on purpose became the hero, what does that tell of the standards of this school?"

Boy the edgy teacher is either gonna choke to death on his own self-serving denial or he's gonna eat enough crow to gain 10kg.

Dex-chan lover
Cringe? Sure. But it's way better than all those copy pasted manga we got in recent months. This one has real plot, while those copy paste bs are as if they were mass produced in some goddamn factory with a "Made in China" label attached to it.
real plot? besides the world-unique names for the particular monsters and magic, this is as bog standard as most "the shitter in the academy" basically get.
It's fine, starting with these premises don't give you too much room to work with, but don't act like it's revolutionary. I'm still waiting on the day a fantasy or isekai actually portrays a revolution (or hell, even highwaymen and bandits) with any serious analysis, instead of as "goon to bash #1420529"

Dex-chan lover
Heck, I love group cheering moment like this, regardless of how undeserved the sudden power up or development of the stories and characters are up to that point.

Double-page supporter
Who could forgive those assholes ? Atleast some admit they were hypocrites after his sudden power up. Sensei's cannot be forgiven, his pride is putting me off the edges. Also Elfi is still as hot and cute as ever, full support to the lighting wende since he isn't correcting his disrespect toward the orders despite the leash-pulls.

Dex-chan lover
I have never been a fan of "wow everyone hates and alienates MC for not having X! He will prove them wrong! Oh, wait, nevermind, he actually has X and it's better than everyone else's so everything is cool now and everyone likes him". I know any other alternative would require lots of cleverness (and bullshit) but it feels like the story is admitting the haters were right and MC is indeed worthless without a special power.

Granted we have yet to be told what MC's magic is so I'm still waiting for that.
Rudolf the red-nosed reindeer. Gets made fun of for being different, heralded because that difference saves the day...

Which is probably trying to say don't mock those that are different because that difference could be what is needed one day, but that then kind of implies that if the difference isn't going to be useful/special, then it's fine. I suppose the rejoiner on that would be "maybe it's time to shine hasn't arrived yet, so you still shouldn't mock it", but it would be better for the morale to just straight up be "don't mock differences".

Dex-chan lover
I wanna see this animated itd be hype.

also like, ofc theyll cheer for him hes literally all they got at this point lol even if you bullied the shit out of someone if they're the only thing standing between u and being fuckin slaughtered you'd be cheering them on too

Dex-chan lover
Ah, the classic shounen crowd cheering for the MC at the same time as he's fighting the big bad

Guys the power of friendship guys the power of friendship guys guys the power of friendship guys look the power of friendship guys guys the power of friendship guys look the power of friendship guys the power of friendship look the power of friendship guys the power of friendship look guys look the power of friendship wowee

Users who are viewing this thread