Wistoria: Wand and Sword - Vol. 9 Ch. 33 - No More Being Downcast, He Said

Group Leader
Is really annoying how a lot of people idea of logic is "everything works out in my favor just like that" and then complain about stories with overpowered characters that every other character unquestionably loves
This^

tl;dr: Brainrot content makes your brain rot, who would've thought.

I think that a lot of people just keep consuming "garbage content" mindlessly while hating on it, but unconsciously start to look for certain things that are present in those stories in other works too.

Seeing the MC win and overpower everything with ease will likely give you a dopamine hit but it gets boring after a while, which leads to people complaining about a lack of challenge in those generic isekais for example, but then when you don't get that dopamine right away your brain finds it weird and you will tend to dislike it.

So instead of trying to understand the author's logic and reasoning they just unconsciously expect everything to play out the way they are used too...

I'm not a saint btw, I've certainly done similar stuff before, but then it is even the more reason to discuss about it and see different perspectives lol

Aggregator gang
There was clear change in the academy after he saved everyone
There was a clear change when he did well during a single event 💀 From the beginning I wondered "why doesn't he just show that he is strong", they were implying that there was a reason, something bad that would come from him proving himself, yet when he does prove himself everything got better...
she is just a prodigy in magic
Every mention of her is like she is the second coming of Jesus, before we find out that the great mages around Will are actually the failures, Julius is presented as an amazing mage, and then Will reveals that the spell Julius was so proud of was invented by her at 2yo 💀 So if anything we find out that the way people idolize her doesn't even come close to her actual greatness
she did quite a bit of "moving the needle"
In what way?
hey could kidnap Will to a far away place and threaten to kill him if she doesn't comply
wdym brooooo? 😭 I literally talked about her not cooperating, in that scenario Will would die as well.
they might be able to find a replacement in time
Yeah good luck with that

To put it short, there is still a path with less violence in which WIll and Elfaria might be able to live happily and fulfill their dreams, without needing to run away and fight for their lives against the tower, so yeah they are probably gonna try that one first.
By the 1000 time some random bullshit comes up and changes the rules so that this doesn't happen you would think that they would try to take drastic measures or at least actually work a deal to stop the random ass shenanigans. And they wouldn't need to fight for the lives against the tower, the tower would be busy dealing with the issue of the barrier when they are missing a magia vender

Group Leader
There was a clear change when he did well during a single event 💀
An event that would have caused the death of many, so yeah. But even still, what did you expect? The whole world to change?

something bad that would come from him proving himself
It happened once, which at least in the anime was shown in a flashback, not sure if it was originally in the manga. And even after he beat Julius, there were both positive and negative reactions about it.

Every mention of her is like she is the second coming of Jesus, before we find out that the great mages around Will are actually the failures, Julius is presented as an amazing mage, and then Will reveals that the spell Julius was so proud of was invented by her at 2yo 💀 So if anything we find out that the way people idolize her doesn't even come close to her actual greatness
She is skilled at magic, nothing else, that is the point. Why are you trying to correlate being good at magic with being smart in general and good at politics? This is what is preventing her from being more useful.

It is the same with all characters, each have their own issues, including Elfaria.

In what way?
I literally already typed it out. Did you just read that part of the paragraph and ignored everything else?

wdym brooooo? 😭 I literally talked about her not cooperating, in that scenario Will would die as well.
I gave death as an example, but that is not the only option. They could torture him or do other things.

But anyway, her lack of cooperation would be a tantrum at most, which is why taking him away and threatening her back could work.
She doesn't seem to be insane enough to go into yandere mode and actually kill everyone, including herself and Will, just because they didn't accept him. Last time I saw this level of bullshit was on Mirai Nikki lol

the tower would be busy dealing with the issue of the barrier when they are missing a magia vender
Or they would be busy chasing after Elfaria while she runs away with Will, which would make even more sense to happen if there is indeed no other option to replace her.

At this point we just gotta wait and see, we are not gonna get anywhere by just throwing "what ifs" around.

Users who are viewing this thread