Witch Craft Works - Vol. 15 Ch. 89 - Takamiya-kun VS. Kayou, Part 3

Aggregator gang
Interesting to see the guy be the damsel in distress. The mansel in distress?

Group Leader
@Bootybug He's been like this since the start of the manga, his role is to be eternally the bottom-bitch to women. Didn't you notice there has only been two other named male character in this series, and they're both servants to women?

Dex-chan lover
@Bootybug
@HDMI1

In the original drafts Honoka was supposed to be a girl and this was to be a yuri manga. They just switched him to a boy at the last moment for broader appeal, but the character's personality pretty remained the same.

In a lot of ways it became a Straight-Shouta manga. It now appeals to mothercons and onee-san fans.

@Northern

Oh i see, no wonder most FMC are drawed as mature and hot babe...

I agree with you with about milf and onee-san appeals. Thx for yr opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 Exactly. Her other two series have female leads so I'm wondering if the original concept had a female lead as well but was switched in order to get serialized. I mean it's not much a switch since he's been running around in a witches outfit anyways and playing the damsel in distress role. Plus having a white princess inside of him. LOL I doubt we'll see him man up at all before it ends.

Reminds of the shit the author pulled with the second half of that one manga that eludes my memory where ordinary MC finds sword to help fmc fight monsters/demons.

Wait.
I might have spoken and judge are MC a little too harshly because at the end of ch 95 he wakes up and looks pissed off. So we'll see if he finally starts kicking ass since Ayaka is out of cold.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly I like that the author moved away from Yuri because the gender reversal makes it much more interesting.

@Bootybug Wimp? Even ignoring everything other people already said, Takamiya is still no wimp, he's brainwashed here and throughout the manga has put himself and his life on risk for Ayala and others multiple times.

Lotta hatin' on Honoka goin' on. He's been charmed by an ancient, immortal witch of great power. She might not be any where near Kazane's strength but her abilities are far more subtle and insidious. Let's give him a chance, he's come through before. I'm sure he will again.

BTW, What do people consider to be the relative power rankings of the Ancient Witches?
I have:
[ol]Evermillion (since her daemonification, it seems to vary according to her host, but she mentions she is very strong with Honoka)
Kazane
Alcina
Medusa (hard to gauge with her being sealed still, probably the second highest once unsealed though)
Kayou
Chronoir (not sure about bottom of the list as she seems to only be up to silliness and we only see her up against Kazane so not much to show off there)[/ol]

Dex-chan lover
well in this universe the world is more of a matriarchy. remember the uncle guy mentions it, that males are general inferior in magic.

Users who are viewing this thread