Witch Guild Fantasia - Ch. 8 - Albus

Fed-Kun's army
thank you for translating! I think the font is fine and the translation is good too, so if you can, please finish this series. it is only 14 chapters long I think

Dex-chan lover
I dont know what font is, so cant comment on that, but I think the translation is good, so I would love for you to finish the series!

Also dont take what the haters Said last chapter to heart. They just hate because other peoples work gets love

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translations!

I am kind of curious if the author decided to change directions halfway through? What's the point of secret witch coven working for the kingdom that in the first place, hires witches just to betray and execute them afterwards for their own amusement.

Group Leader
Thank you for translations!

I am kind of curious if the author decided to change directions halfway through? What's the point of secret witch coven working for the kingdom that in the first place, hires witches just to betray and execute them afterwards for their own amusement.
Good question. I think that the witches who are not part of Albus are the ones getting burned. Clauria was supposed to die too but can now join Albus to be free & safe.

Dex-chan lover
Font size could be slightly larger and the font type calibri is easy on the eyes however its also determined by the style the character is and what the translator wants. Context is fine. Don’t have the source for the translation. It would be nice if you did finish it regardless of how the story was received. Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for your work on this and PLEASE keep going!

And yeah, to echo suggestions, a bigger size font would be better. Also, there was a slight grammatical error on page 10 I saw, "I doubt it. It is the first time I see her" could be past tense. It would sound better as, "I doubt it. It is the first time I have seen her."

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the work, main suggestion would just be to spend more time on making the text fit into its box. For the box that just says "ANIMALIZE!" it is really narrow for a word of that length, so you could try having it written vertically instead, that way you can make it much bigger, and since it seems to be some sort of spell, you could make to bold to differentiate it from normal conversation. Make the font size change with the size of the box, and the amount of text in that box. Then let the text fill the box instead of just having it be a square or rectangle in the middle of the box. I will go through this chapter and redo the typesetting to how I would want it done. Then I can give it to you if you want and do whatever with it.

Dex-chan lover
  • Translation is fine, I think? I don’t feel qualified to assess it, but I didn’t notice any obvious problems.
  • Font size is definitely too small (I’m reading on mobile). It looks like there’s plenty of empty space in the speech/text bubbles, so I would make that larger. I also think the font size shouldn’t be uniform; It should ideally be sized for each bubble.
  • Typeface should also be changed. While the one you’ve chosen fits the setting, it’s not very legible. Especially at this size. I’d recommend switching to a simpler, sans serif font. It will have less personality, but will also be a lot easier on the eyes.

And with all of that complaining out of the way, thanks for the translation! I’d certainly rather have this than nothing.

First, thanks very much for picking up the translation, and I hope that you can continue.

To answer your questions:-

The font size is way too small. There is lots of white space left in the speech bubbles, the text should ideally increase in size to use as much of the space as possible, (without becoming ridiculously large if the English translation is very short though). The spell bubbles would suit having the text larger in a vertical column, for a single word like ignis or animalize, multi-line vertical text is hard to read though.

I would prefer a sans serif font, if you compare with the first couple of chapters, the original translator actually used a simple all capitals font, which is surprisingly easy to read- even though the general convention for written prose is lower case with capitals reserved for shouting, the use of bold for exclamations like spells and shouts works very well.

(Actually, I hadn't noticed that pretty much all manga uses all upper case, with fonts that are modernised comic sans, like

Komika
Adam Warren Pro Font Family
Manga Master
Spinner Rack Pro

I guess that is the idea, you get so used to a font that you can relax reading it and just unconsciously absorb the text, an "unusual" font makes you concentrate too much on the text rather than the imagery, like over fancy subtitle fonts mean you miss what is happening because you have to concentrate on reading the unfamiliar style)

I am perfectly happy with the translation, it makes sense anyway which is the main thing. Kloria became Clauria though, which I can get used to, it is pronounced the same.

Please do continue if you are able, your efforts are much appreciated

Last edited:
Group Leader
First, thanks very much for picking up the translation, and I hope that you can continue.

To answer your questions:-

The font size is way too small. There is lots of white space left in the speech bubbles, the text should ideally increase in size to use as much of the space as possible, (without becoming ridiculously large if the English translation is very short though). The spell bubbles would suit having the text larger in a vertical column, for a single word like ignis or animalize, a block of vertical text is hard to read.

I would prefer a sans serif font, if you compare with the first couple of chapters, the original translator actually used a simple all capitals font, which is surprisingly easy to read- even though the convention is lower case with capitals reserved for shouting, the use of bold for exclamations like spells and shouts works very well.

I am perfectly happy with the translation, it makes sense anyway which is the main thing. Kloria became Clauria though, which I can get used to, it is pronounced the same.

Please do continue if you are able, your efforts are much appreciated
Her name is Kloria ? I did some research about the characters and I mostly found Clauria 😅 Well, good to know,ty.

Group Leader
Thank you for the work, main suggestion would just be to spend more time on making the text fit into its box. For the box that just says "ANIMALIZE!" it is really narrow for a word of that length, so you could try having it written vertically instead, that way you can make it much bigger, and since it seems to be some sort of spell, you could make to bold to differentiate it from normal conversation. Make the font size change with the size of the box, and the amount of text in that box. Then let the text fill the box instead of just having it be a square or rectangle in the middle of the box. I will go through this chapter and redo the typesetting to how I would want it done. Then I can give it to you if you want and do whatever with it.
Don't worry, you don't have to. From all the feedback I got, I can imagine what you guys want this to look like.
For those who are on the Discord or follow on Kofi, I will post a sample page with all the "fixes" soon.

Her name is Kloria ? I did some research about the characters and I mostly found Clauria 😅 Well, good to know,ty.
I don't know, I haven't seen the raws, but the earlier chapters call her Kloria. Tbh Clauria seems a spelling more consistent with the English names like Rebecca, Emily, Monica, Ginette etc., I wonder if she is actually supposed to be Claudia?

I edited my original post to include font suggestions btw.

Group Leader
I don't know, I haven't seen the raws, but the earlier chapters call her Kloria. Tbh Clauria seems a spelling more consistent with the English names like Rebecca, Emily, Monica, Ginette etc., I wonder if she is actually supposed to be Claudia?

I edited my original post to include font suggestions btw.
Maybe, I dont know xD. I will just keep Clauria, Rebecca and Monica. To be honest, I am not even sure if Ginette shouldn't be Jeanette ........ But hey, I introduced her as Ginette so she is Ginette haha. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread