Witch Hat Atelier - Vol. 6 Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
You just know that when there's an authority controlling any sort of advancement, it's because someone or something is monopolizing it.

That horse though, he sure is fabulous, ain't he?

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna go across the flow, and say - both Qifrey's story and the "official" history of the witch doctors are true to a point.
Because there was definitely a majority who did many things to heal and help people selflessly.
And there was probably a sizeable minority who went straight into "I AM A (mad) ARTIST AND FLESH IS THE CLAY OF MY ART"
Really now. All the members of a sect of witches being paragons of morality? That doesn't sound like any group I've seen in this manga.
All of them being insane murderers? The same.

Dex-chan lover
tbh i dont think theres anything on both accounts that makes them mutually exclusive. the pointy hat faction used the unethical witches as a justification to outlaw all kinds of medical magic, and so medical witches opposed them to the bitter end, but theres no indication to what happened to them. some must have joined either of the extremist factions, but i would bet that a majority of them would have been made to forget the secret of magic and "became normal". i dont really see altruist people happily giving on healing for good or joining people who see no problem with turning a child into a beast because all magic should be free.

Aggregator gang
Y'know he might just be young, though I doubt Mage Society really allows for rapid upwards mobility, but I gotta say, Sage Dude, from what little we have seen, seems to have really Young Features. Young Features on a character that would stereotypically be quite old. Young Features on a plausibly old character in the same chapter where we got some explicit mentions of Witches using Magic and Human Experimentation to achieve Immortality.

I'm Jus' Sayin'....

Also yeah there's probably Good and Bad Apples in every Sect. So far, the only truly unifying trait possessed by all of the Sects the Pointed Hats have wiped out has been an implied or explicit rejection of Pointed Hat Authority.

Again, Jus' Sayin....

Ah, this chapter is full of the fluffy.

I must say though, I almost guarantee the magic usage on body thing is going to be VERY important to the plot.
Coco probably has a spell drawn on her or something similar, which is why the Brimhats want her to join them so bad.

Or her mother was not who she seemed to be.

Double-page supporter
Finally an update.
And ara ara indeed, I have found a new medical waifu.

Aggregator gang
Damn if he is above all others, that must mean he is the best artist of them all lol

Joke aside, is interesting how he looks quite youthful but is been said he taught countless ppl. Suspicious indeed.

Dex-chan lover
@alacaelum @definitionofinsanity @kuma @kwendy @ESCrowe @twincubus
I also think the story will be more gray and less black and white.
Most of the medical witch were actually interested in curing illnesses and other good stuff, with only a small minority delving into the mad science stuff.
The great sage was probably the stereotypical Lawful Neutral paragon, with an overly strong sense of Order and less empathy for actual people, maybe personally hurt in some way by the evil guys.
The sage guy tried to limit (or ban) body magic, probably with good intentions (at least in his eyes), while the healers opposed the decision, for reasons as good as the sage's ones; a radicalized sect inside the healing field, as well as other witches dissatisfied with the status quo, took the chance to escalate the tension to the point of an all out war.
The survivors of the radical group are now the brimhats.

Dex-chan lover
@Beregorn Your explanation is spot on, this is why i decide to be in only one side... Coco's side. For all I care, she can explore the depths of the so-called forbidden magic, i just want for her to not lose herself in it. The age-old child fight between Brim and Pointed hats can continue if that's what their egos want, just leave my little girl in peace to cure her mother.

Just a thought, is it possible the eye mask is Coco father? Because it seems to me awfully random for those Brim hats to just chose a little girl to carry their objective, when they go for such lengths to plan and hide their movements, it has to be more than " she has such passion for magic, unsullied by rules " reason that i perceived until now.

Dex-chan lover
Look, I don't ship children together as a rule, but Coco and Agathe could be really cute together when they're older.

Dex-chan lover
Ara Ara Onee-san has showed herself! Too bad there's no shota, all children are lolis

Users who are viewing this thread