Witch Hat Atelier - Vol. 8 Ch. 43

Dex-chan lover
It's going to be a magic that "cannot be made public" isn't it? One that will definitely help Coustas, but were it released to the masses, could cause a fatal misunderstanding.

A floating bubble, phantom limbs, prosthetic knees.

Dex-chan lover
WOW... this... this is real, too real.

This chapter really lowered my guard just to punch me in the guts, Dagda is such an amazing father to care for a child he picked in the streets as he does may seem obvious but even "real" fathers sometimes dont care as much as him and now he is even putting himself in danger and by his condition, he isnt exactly fondle of the work description, from a minstrel... to a killer, isnt a ways transition.

Coustas reaction normally would be passed as exaggerated, normally stories try to pass the idea that even in the lowest of situations everything will be fine, but this is his real world and he is just a street kid adopted by a traveling working man, now injured and without work tools being just a drain on resources. Coco situation is difficult with what it cost her, but in the end, she is well cared for, she has a future practically guaranteed (of things go well sure) she has access to resources and knowledge, she sure isnt a spoiled kid and knows the cost to that but compared to Coustas situation her still much much better.

I really liked this chapter, it solidified some things that need more attention, i think that this event will push Coco even more to a new path that isnt the Brims or Pointed, and maybe in her future magic may return or achieve new states, in that way she clearly is a seed for the future, just dont think the Brims want a calm future.

Thank you for your work in this series.

Dex-chan lover
Heavy...

Not to mention this chapter overshadow many things (maybe, because maybe I just overthink it) for the plot, like when the author draws "otherside" Coco.

Aggregator gang
Thanks for the chapter!!

Man that really went from "rich ppl dumb" to "Poor people struggle too". I feel for Coustas, his frustration is understandable. Also damn Dadgar (lol) is probably more than meets the eye If he is out there killing people for money.

Dex-chan lover
From bard to mercenary? Dude! Dagda is a fucking D&D character!!
And he is awesome.

Tartar is quite the bro, wonder how Coco will change Coustas world tho? there's a lot stacked against him, and i mean a lot, whatever magic she is gonna use has to be something subtle enough so that magic robbers wouldn't try to steal it like they did with the chair, well planed so it wont cause horrible effects like the neutral fire, and either discrete enough to not be found by the higher ups or concrete enough to be approved by them.

I think that Tartar's plan of teaching Coustas how to read is more grounded and will impact him more, since it will empower him and let him fight back against the world that opposes him by giving him something that he can use for himself and by himself, i don't really think magic is the way this time, specially since it will just be something else out of Coustas control changing his life.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, helping that kind of characters tends to lead to the birth of new villains.

Dex-chan lover
its nice, that even though magic is hidden they use it for peoples benefit even if they peddle fancy shit tonobles to support themselves. Our culture feels like its turning into the service industry where they'd rather you pay to borrow their shit rather than buying to own

I think they are going to make him something similar to the flying shoes, some sort of levitation device that doesnt require the full usage of legs to operate. So he can still dance but in air.

I like how the obvious solution would be usage of black magic but they never stoop to that but find creative workarounds, I think it’s one of beauties of this manga.

Users who are viewing this thread