Witch Hunter

Fed-Kun's army
Oho? It's alive? Thanks to the current translator!

I....completely forgot this even existed until I saw it updated on OneManga (I don't even know how they are still alive and was curious because I thought I was losing my damn mind). Def need to reread. Love the art style, and the characters are quite interesting. Very quirky as well, and about as far removed from being a Korean manhwa that is typically seen. Very much follows more along Japanese shounen manga, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Fed-Kun's army
One of the few good manhwa...

also too bad the creator of Dark Air started doing hentai shit manhwa.

Dex-chan lover
@LordofLuck She always reminded me a bit of Olivier Mira Armstrong. If that was intentional, what can I say other than the author has good taste.

2748542-000scxhw.png
latest

I'm just surprised that it's been 10 years and this is apparently still going on.

Dex-chan lover
The flashback would have done better as a side story that went along side the manhwa. It’s too bad that it did what it did

@anoman
First released chapter was in 2006(13years) and first translated chapter was on 10/05/07... that is a long time. I found it around 2011, time is always moving.

Ok, I reread the whole story again, considering how confusing the story was the first time I read through it.
I realize now how insanely complex the plot actually is and how much red herrings the author threw into the series, while not revealing any facts.

For example, about West:
We're lead to believe that Tasha's master and Ryuwan's master are the same being, but it's most likely both of them are separate beings. And we're not really sure if Tasha's memories are even accurate, since North has a memory manipulator in WH. From what it seems correct so far: Ryuwan's at a young age got send away from his home, since for some reason their family was hunted. He ended up at West's place and was taught how to be a magical gunner. At some point West was forced to sever ties with him and I believe this 'West' is unrelated to WH at this point; I don't think WH even existed at this time.
Around this time North and South proposed a war to exterminate or enslave humans, East wanted to be neutral, while West was opposed to it. North and South plotted against East, so North could steal East's resurrection powers. Soon after this, West and MOST LIKELY Varette were both killed by North. The reason why I mentioned Varette is because of how Ryuwan thought Varette didn't had hostile intent against him and thought that if she's alive, that West would also be alive.

It's possible that North, after obtaining the powers of resurrection, revived both West and Varette. Varette serves North now and according to East, North incarnated West into Tasha.

From this point on, we can't believe anything what's true or not anymore, since we're looking through Tasha's memories. But it's clear that his whole life from his birth, leading up to the disaster of his sister becoming a witch and his sister killing 'WH's strongest, Edea' were all orchestrated by North. Neptis, who's loyal to North, acted as Servant and manipulated Tasha's father. Both Tasha and Aria were adopted and no one knows their true origin, aside from North and possibly East.

Varette, who is probably very close or important to West, is overly protective of Aria. Aria who is led to believe that killing Tasha would unite them somehow. North wants Tasha to be stronger, but would then have to know that Tasha's death curse would have gotten suppressed afterwards. Tasha's memory gets really iffy.

@pomato Yea I just reread the whole thing myself once I found out it is being updated and it really is confusing. In the memories Edea clearly states she never had a human disciple but Ryuwan had, who the story so far led us to believe is the same person, her as a teacher also. I imagine there is some weird fuckery going on but who knows when it will get resolved.

I am looking forward to it though, this is a interesting and varied plot and aside from the constant use of showing us a day or so in the future and that really long memory arc I have really enjoyed it. Hope the rest lives up to expectations

Users who are viewing this thread