With Her Who Likes My Sister - Vol. 3 Ch. 33.5 - Extra Chapter

"No romantic ending" "yuri bait" is this code for 'mad you can't fap cuz girls didn't kiss?' I really don't get it...because they agreed to live together, travel the world together and take care of each other forever, I'm not sure how that's unclear. Straight people don't say that to each other.
it’s bait bro! they use the romance tag and yuri tags for baits like this, there is nothing yuri about this manga that two best friends don’t have
This is definitely just gal pals territory with not even a lick of romantic interest.
What a useless omake, this should have at least answered them becoming a couple. It just reinforces it was a yuri bait, why have the tags it did without actually using them.
Sick! I'm sad there was no romance ending but it works also thank you zeztie for the release-
Its great, I loved it, the lack of a romantic ending is crippling and soul crushing, but I still enjoyed it.
Huh ? it probally nothing, but... She still "having crush on big sis". that is a easy plot device to make they come to realzie and shit. Especally when it going about "communication is important", flussing over this as "it's nothing" is... ugh... come on !
Akebi cares about older sister less and less. Older sister always reject her gift because she has no sexual interest in Akebi. Kinome accepted the expensive trip and asked to travel the whole world with Akebi (this is gay) and Akebi realize her feelings for Kinome slowly. She never dated anyone in her life, give her a break! She's new okay? Kinome too.
Bait. Occasionally Heart-Thumping Galpal BFFs is not the ending I wanted or expected. It's like it took a few lessons from modern asexual yuri manga and then regressed twenty years. Nothing fundamentally changed in the dynamic after Kinome feeling down that Akebi did this (partly) for her sister. Who saw herself as a kind of matchmaker. And after the discussion about being fixated on partners earlier, it feels like a betrayal. I get that this may technically be "girl's love" genre in Japan but the tag lies.

Unironically, thanks zeztie! It's not like you could easily give a warning about the ending. Great work, though. I wouldn't be bothered if I wasn't so looking forward to your release. And you released a lot at once!
You know how manga is made? A manga artist works for a company which releases 1 chapter of their story every month. The latest chapter of different manga get released in an anthology magazine (example: Yuri Hime, Shonen Jump).
There is no such thing as "asexual yuri manga", there is only manga anthology magazine with R or T rating (sex/nudity allowed), and manga anthology magazine with G rating (safe for kids).
Yuri just mean stories about women loving women, whether they have sex or not.
And now you know!
Like for real yeah.
I hate using the term "Queer bait" but really that's the best way to describe this ending.
In her mind she clearly loves her, not sure why the author didn't simply write her saying her thoughts out loud to give it a simple definitive conclusion. The fuck is with mangaka and being afraid of ending stories with all plot points resolved.
Why does the author have to spell it out for you, you just said "she clearly loves her" meaning YOU understood they're in love. Akebi and Kinome literally met a few weeks ago, THEY don't realize they're in love yet. What plot point was not resolved? Akebi spent an entire chapter saying she wants to live with Kinome, never be separated from her and try to make her happy forever. Akebi asked to take Kinome on an extravagant, relaxing, private vacation. She expected to be rejected, because older sister always rejected Akebi's grand, romantic presents. Kinome instantly agreed to travel around the world with Akebi (this is gay). And how is it queer bait? You got women having relationships. Just because they didn't immediately make out and have gay baby marriage doesn't make it bait. They literally moved in together, promised to take care of each other and travel the world together for their whole lives.

Dex-chan lover
Go up to your best friend (any sex) and look them dead in the eye and smile and say:

"I want you to be by my side. I will absolutely make you happy. So please stay with me forever! I've never even thought about leaving you. I want you by my side. I don't ever want to be separated from you~"

Go ahead, I'll wait.
You've clearly never had many female friends huh, I've witnessed similar sentences between girls (Minus the last part) but if your only gonna point to that one sentence as romance when it was never pointed to before or after that then sure I guess.

after getting some rest I definitely felt the disappointment everyone else is feeling. It really felt like all this build up happened for the tiniest reward.

I also only read chapters as I released them which kinda led to me to going all out to see how it ended. Maybe in the future I'll pre read series I translate but that may end up with me not translating it at all lol.
Thank you for releasing the whole series so quickly for us, that was amazing. This is a beautiful story. Maybe because you did it so fast though, you didn't appreciate the characters as much. It makes me really sad that people looked at the this ending where two people are realistically taking their time falling in love, when the author has set them up to live happily ever after, and crying about there being no romantic interest and ending too soon. Unless you want to see them have sex, there's no point in the series still going. Akebi is the Chadest virgin alive and Kinome needs therapy for trauma. The author resolved Kinome not accepting Akebi's feelings as genuine. They live together and will travel the world eating delicious food. That's the gayest shit I've ever seen :')

Dex-chan lover
Akebi cares about older sister less and less. Older sister always reject her gift because she has no sexual interest in Akebi. Kinome accepted the expensive trip and asked to travel the whole world with Akebi (this is gay) and Akebi realize her feelings for Kinome slowly. She never dated anyone in her life, give her a break! She's new okay? Kinome too.
which is why i said it probally nothing, because it is small but no guarantee that it can't be a problem. When they just did the whole arc about comunication is a key to clear a small misunderstanding. gloss over it is the same as "it is nothing" and is oposite of that

Dex-chan lover
hurr they didn't kiss, have sex and have IPS cell babies on-screen so it's shit fucking yuribait
Some people sure love to make themselves unhappy just for the sake of it.

Go up to your best friend (any sex) and look them dead in the eye and smile and say:

"I want you to be by my side. I will absolutely make you happy. So please stay with me forever! I've never even thought about leaving you. I want you by my side. I don't ever want to be separated from you~"

Go ahead, I'll wait.
I've had literal friendships like this except the last bit of course

Dex-chan lover
Havent read the extra just yet but nonetheless its a bit sad it ended as is. I mean, is great that Akebi sees her as someone really special to her and also is clear she only admired her senpai as a divine entity of sorts. But the concept of liking seems really far from what Kinome feels. It could eventually align but we wont be there to see it.
Anyway, was a fun story, with fun characters and a nice development pace. Its just... would love to part ways with them as more than "friends and roomates"?

Dex-chan lover
When both are sharing a bath naked and theres nothing going on it almost feels like Kinome realization of her feelings were just a far away dream. Nothing but 2 bosom friends having fun. Akebi acts like a cool boyfriend while Kinome seems to fall more for her but yet the author makes u feel like their dynamic wont really ever change. Kind of boring tbh.

Dex-chan lover
Another way to spell out my discomfort with the ending: Akebi is purehearted and arguably polyamorous (neat, cool) and only reduced her gifts to neesan because she's now more preoccupied with Kinome, who lives with her (boring, lazy). Akebi is hyper-competent in most things, and so has a generally flat character arc and has little need to reflect on herself. She becomes more active in supporting Kinome, Kinome worries constantly but gets attached, and the stock ending fits the slice of life premise but says nothing more about friendship let alone romance. They commit to being partners but do not otherwise grow as people nor change their circumstances. I can understand if that stability is comfy to others, but the tension was irrelevant so the status quo ending was an emotional let-down for me. There's not some perfect ending scenario it should've had, just very broad missed opportunities. It's difficult for me to like a romance with an unromantic final act.
"No romantic ending" "yuri bait" is this code for 'mad you can't fap cuz girls didn't kiss?' I really don't get it...because they agreed to live together, travel the world together and take care of each other forever, I'm not sure how that's unclear. Straight people don't say that to each other.

You know how manga is made? A manga artist works for a company which releases 1 chapter of their story every month. The latest chapter of different manga get released in an anthology magazine (example: Yuri Hime, Shonen Jump).
There is no such thing as "asexual yuri manga", there is only manga anthology magazine with R or T rating (sex/nudity allowed), and manga anthology magazine with G rating (safe for kids).
Yuri just mean stories about women loving women, whether they have sex or not.
And now you know!
Gross. And patronizing. You're wrong on asexual romance, which can be implied or a major plot point. Usio Shio's works cover both very very well. Obviously there are many great wlw stories that may not be romantic or sexual. Even straight people can form tight partnerships without it being romantic. And don't be petty with magazine rating trivia when stories can and should be judged distinct from their publishing (especially in Kirara). This story is set up as a romance, with tension, but was a smooth ride to a status quo ending that changed nothing beyond shutting down a stock needless misunderstanding. It's reasonable for people to dislike that, even if you liked a different aspect. I like plenty of flawed things myself. So. Sex is irrelevant and your obsession about sex in yuri is as gross as the strawmen you're fighting. Maybe it's prejudice, maybe a lack of reading comprehension.

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see I'm not the only one disappointed. I freaking liked this manga but dang got baited

Dex-chan lover
People didn't get what they expect based on the tags so they are disappointed, rightfully so. I feel like this type of manga should have GL but not "romance" tag so ppl know what they're getting into. The last few yuris i read r all this platonic kind as well, not that they're bad per se, just craving for some real romance rn

Users who are viewing this thread