Wortenia Senki - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Double-page supporter
Wow I honestly don’t know what’s going on lol. Like we’re they the good people? Bad people? Was it miscommunication? Or they just fucked up but we’re the “good side”

Whaaattss gooiiinnng to haaappeeennnn ???

Dex-chan lover
@lionfromnorth : I find the premise really good. The MC isn't a heartless guy like an antagonist but has been taught all his life how to kill. So while not being a bad guy it's not unbelievable to see him kill people after assessing the situation.

And for the moment, even if I think that the guys at the infirmary were good guys, the MC's first impression and interaction with this world and its occupants was worse than bad (they tried to curse him while threatening him and when the MC talked a little with the mage, the mage tried to lie then kill him on the first occasion). So I understand why he killed the supports (I'd have left the doctor alive at least but it's understandable to kill him, not knowing what power or magic he could have).

Dex-chan lover
Those people do change their character if they want to take over a kingdom and get the resources to do so.... truly a thing humans would do....
His grandfather given techniques were of great use here... but why doesn't he get transported?

Dex-chan lover
@Eolair he is seems obsessesed with battle to the death and in foreign lands that has military pressense like that where he was heavily threatened and then attacked. Kill everyone until you feel safe seems to be his motto.

Dex-chan lover
the dude who summoned him, the kingdom, and maybe others are bad people, the other people probably aren't bad but they're loyal to the kingdom and dont give a shit about him so they're dangerous. i dont think he really needed to kill that doctor dude, but i cant really fault him for doing it either, it's ultimately their fault for summoning him with bad intentions.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I don't think it was strictly necessary to kill the doctor and all. But this guy's been taught how to fight to the death, not just how to maim or disable. His own martial arts teacher and him try to kill each other as a warm up before breakfast. Deep in the territory of the people who are apparently enemies, he's witnessed magic. Anyone and everyone is a potential lethal threat to him from a distance. Let's say he tries to knock the doctor and such out. What if they woke up and fling magic at him before he can reach them? This entire world and all of its inhabitants could be hostile to him and way more dangerous than any of them look. We can call his actions appalling or whatever from outside of the situation, but the dude's trying to ensure his own survival. I can't say I don't understand his methods even if I disagree with them.

It is unfortunate he killed everyone he has come across, but he's trying to escape a place that was going to enslave him. He's trying to not leave any hint of his identity so even non-hostiles get killed if they have seen his face like the nurse and doctor.

Dex-chan lover
I like this guy, def not the usual happy go lucky gary stu who need not fear anything and thus has the luxury of being "merciful", nor is he an edgelord (that I can see anyway) who just has the biggest chip on his shoulder.

😄

This is now going too far. He killed an unarmed doctor and a bunch of other people when he could've just knocked them out. Not like they intended to kill him, surely he knew it but still killed them. Still interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
Ruthless, trained in the martial arts in the way that they’re only to be used on opponents you want to kill and removed from the normal constraints of society combined with a smart brain. I love it

@Reishin As mentioned in the first chapter his techniques are only for killing, aside from that he is in what’s essentially enemy territory, while the Doctor was harmless we saw him trying to scream for help. While knocking him out would’ve prevented him from screaming for help it would also leave him at risk. Idk, perhaps it’s me over analyzing it but as I see it it’s him being pragmatic.

Fed-Kun's army
@Reishin I know I am a few months late, but wanted to comment anyway.

Knocking people out doesn't really work like that. Generally speaking if someone is out for more than a few minutes you've likely killed them or cause permanent brain damage. He could have tied them up, but that risks the whole magic thing again. Even if he did knock him out and didn't tie him up the doc would be up and likely alert people in less time than it would take for him to escape. He also doesn't really have any moves for incapacitation, his training was focused on quick, efficient, killing moves. Based on the people reaction to him, the fact that he is in unknown lands, and had little in wyay of supplies/equipment I'd say that killing was the best option he had for making it out. It sucks, it is shitty for that doc since he probably wasn't a bad guy, but that is life. Sometimes you don't have the option of a good vs bad decision, sometimes it is just Shitty Option A vs Shitty Option B.

Also IDK if you are caught up on the manga or not, but there is actually a REALLY good reason he was taught the "Kill quick and first" mentality. ;)

Wtf are you guys talking about. This dude has the right reaction - kill his kidnappers and escape. Like, he only started killed people once he heard them talking about putting a curse on him. If I heard that I would instantly see them as enemies like this MC did.

You also have to realize that he witnesses magic and was suddenly transported into a foreign world with honed killer instincts. He may be in slight shock too.

Since there is magic no one can be really seen as unarmed. You can never know if they possesses magical powers.

To be fair he didn't need to kill those nurses tho that poor kid was just doing his job he probably didn't even know what was going on

Users who are viewing this thread