Wortenia Senki - Vol. 6 Ch. 29

Dex-chan lover
On page 26, who are the crying woman + man in a hat? It's been so long since I've read this I don't even remember.

That merchant plays games with MC on their first meeting? No wonder her business is in shambles.
And MC wants a favour from slave trader but acts all haughty with him. Is it how people ask for a favour?

Y’all did a great job on the translation and the cleaning/editing! Personally I’m happy with any effort for translation if it takes a week to a month. I just wanted to see this manga again.

Contributor
fused the picture

Jull6pH.png

You know, i think he is the only mc i can remember who is like fuck slavery and classism. Most just do it because it's the way of the world they get put into, but i can totally see him taking over and being like fuck you, it's done.

This whole buying slave and releasing them thing is a really bad idea, it reminds me of a video where a dude bought all the birds from a bird seller in some third world country to release them afterwards, unbeknownts to him that it is the bird seller's business plan where he preys on people's altruism and kindness, one way or another the bird seller will recapture some of those birds again and then resell it again to another kind victim.

He hates the idea of slavery and yet his action will increase the demand for them, I don't know how the slavers in this world gets their slave, but I can imagine raiding, plundering and burning villages. Why not just abolish it entirely and give the slaves freedom, land and citizenship, I mean his rule in that region has just started, might as well start with a clean slate.

@BATHALA_ First off.... nice profile pic.
Secondly.... yeah ever notice how most summoned heroes have little to no understanding of economics?
Granted I don't like this kind of slavery either, it breeds hatred and resentment. The slaves are treated worse than livestock and aren't afforded basic quality of life measures that'd make them better workers, and more important to the slave merchant, better products.
A happy slave is a productive slave, content with their lot and unlikely to cause/join in a massive uprising should the opportunity occur.
Poor sods probably don't even have the option and ability to buy back their own freedom from their labors either. ... I really don't get why the bondage price isn't a more common thing in fiction tbh. It's all "slaves are less than animals" or "slaves are subhuman furniture"....

Hope makes a man work harder than anything else, the hope of someday being able to be free by your own labor would massively increase productivity across the board... save for criminal slaves. Mass murderers, rapists, child molesters and.... I can't think of a fourth crime worth sending someone to work till they die in a mine for actually.... well a mine or other hazardous and labor intensive activity.

He's probably going to just abolish it entirely and give the slaves their freedom, land and citizenship anyway because he's just that kinda man and there's only so much of this shit you can stomach as a general rule anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread