Wortenia Senki - Vol. 7 Ch. 31

Fed-Kun's army
so I've had beef with how manga protagonists expressed how they want to free slaves. and people have had beef with me for saying it. I'm just going to say here and now. it's not like I think that slavery is OK. people have mistook my words like that before. slavery is a bygone practice that is unneeded and unethical. however, I have beef when manga protagonists go against slavery not because they are going against it, but because of how they do it. MC here did it how he should have done it. he humanized them, treated them well. the type of protag i have beef with are those who push their modern day ideas onto medieval people without any regard for the culture surrounding slavery that they've already had. Slavery is bad. there is no doubt about it. but you need to choose how you handle it if your in another world.

tl;dr I dislike people who go against slavery in isekai's stupidly, people hate me because of misunderstandings

Double-page supporter
Hmmm I don't remember this in the light novel where ryoma talks to melissa if i remember correctly one of the twins just consoles her and tells her ryoma is a nice master or something like that 🤔

Thx for the chapter but please man please fix how you guys are typesetting your chapters please put the text in the middle it’s not that hard and even beginners should be able to do it but besides that it’s a great chapter keep up the good work and if you need help with typesetting or anything send a message to me

Dex-chan lover
@TrapCard113
The worst of it is many governments tolerate it, as bad as some classical societies were, the ones that prohibited child trafficking were rabidly brutal in stamping it out, these days it's a known secret that alot of politicians and governments tolerate or even partake in these kinds of acts (we all know about epstien), yet no one does anything about it, really makes one a fatalist.

@Ace435
To be fair even wortenia senki only get's 1 form of slavery correct, specifically the form of it the series itself crafted (the world of the manga is a literal embodiment of a crapsack world, the manga makes it look nicer than the WN did), in reality the term slave was used for many different types of peoples and meanings, from serfs that were barely above the term slave (to become a slave in such a society usually required criminal acts to be committed), to debt slaves to people who sold themselves into slavery for a variety of reasons, not to mention temporary enslavement or purchasing your freedom which is almost never brought up, hence portrayals in media generally follow a very strict pattern when it comes to slavery (which is generally not accurate, as the violent and brutal treatment of slaves was VERY uncommon if only for pragmatic reasons, as the romans found out during the gladiator rebellion, treating a slave with a modicum of decency was generally more productive and gave far less chances of rebellion), and while i do agree with the fact that no one should ever be made a slave and it was a horrific practice, as a history buff i hate how they tend to dumb it down like it's the movie roots all over again (another unrealistic dramatization).

I mean... That's an excellent way to jump start your population to build and run your port and the port town...

- You guys build the place...
- You guys work in the place...
- You guys get paid to work in the place and you live in the place...
- Tada you're free...

Thanks for the chapter. I'm so glad to see this is getting translated.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, good old slavery. Japan could probably be excused since I doubt they really grasp the toll it took (I mean, Nazis is still a style there..). Others who want to justify having a cute waifu or feel they should get their money's worth though...

I will say this about Ryou, at least he isn't so blasé to say "Oh well, that's just the way it is." Won't exactly call him Breaker of Chains, Mother Father of Dragons, First of His Name just yet, though.

Dex-chan lover
Now to bring in refugees who are fleeing from war and mass prejudice, they adjust to new lives quicker than slaves!

Fed-Kun's army
@Tatsuya-Kai yeah well, say that to radical liberals and they are on your ass calling you racist, and denying every argument you say without even listening. i should know, I live with one

Not gonna lie I was planning on continuing scanlating this with a friend, but it looks like you beat us to it. Keep up the good work! The translation was spot-on!

Dex-chan lover
I feel the MC got short changed. He asked for a 50/50 ratio of males and females slaves, he didn't get it. He asked for at least teenage labor slaves, but it looks like he got a lot of children.

Group Leader
Thank you scanlator-san! I’ve missed this so much and LH is the slowest translations group ever, because they pick up way to many things at once!

Users who are viewing this thread